Sony Shares Torture Videos for the Xperia Z & Releases Kernel Source For it Too

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;7EA8HFXvoVk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7EA8HFXvoVk[/video]​

News for the big flagship phones is coming in a big wave today. We've seen teasers and tidbits for the HTC M7, the LG Optimus G Pro and the Motorola X Phone. Now it's Sony's turn. They just shared three videos showcasing water and dust torture tests for their new flagship, the Xperia Z. Of course, the phone passes through the gauntlet without a scratch. Although this is a little gimmicky, it's still very impressive nonetheless. How many high-end flagship phones can you name that have the same qualities? None, is the correct answer. There are a few Android phones that could follow in the Xperia Z's example, but they are definitely not high-end. The first one that comes to mind is a Casio model, and it had mediocre internal specs even for its time.

We shared one of the videos above, but here is a link to all three of them: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...sony-xperia-z-torture-videos.html#post2383507

Those videos aren't the only Xperia Z news this morning. Sticking with their new tradition of trying to support developers better, Sony has already released the kernel source code for the phone. The phone itself won't even be hitting retail stores internationally for a few weeks, which means Sony is really on the ball with this one. We can't help but give Sony big props for this. The race to be the first big Android manufacturer to truly compete with Samsung is on. It certainly seems like Sony is taking it seriously.

Source: XDA

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
With Sony acting like this... It'll be a very tough decision if my next phone will be the moto x phone.. It the xperia z... Sony definitely deserves allot of respect for their actions as of late...

Cellar Door

"Who are you people and where is my horse?"

52brandon

Reaction score
hopefully that means that their STAMINA mode will be something the kernel developers can check out and include to save us battery life on rooted phones as well

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
With Sony acting like this... It'll be a very tough decision if my next phone will be the moto x phone.. It the xperia z... Sony definitely deserves allot of respect for their actions as of late...

I agree. Although whether the Xperia Z will come to Verizon is also going to affect my decision on what to purchase, these two devices are at the top of my list at the moment.