Sony Invited 10,000 Xperia Owners to Beta Test Android 6.0 Marshmallow

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
android-marshmallow-sony-beta-test.png

Sony continues to impress by how well they take care of their customers and extend transparency toward their Android update process. They just invited 10,000 Xperia device owners to beta test the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update.

Right now, this beta test is only for folks who own the Xperia Z3 or Xperia Z3 Compact. All other Xperia devices need not apply just yet. This means the Xperia Z3+ was also excluded. Perhaps there is something different enough in the hardware of that device that Sony needs to work on Android 6 a bit longer before a full blown beta test.

For more details on this program and how to sign up to be one of the 10k customers assigned to the beta test, just check out this link here: Sony’s Concept for Android™: Marshmallow edition | Sony Smartphones

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I got a system update notification on my T-Mobile Z3 a few days ago but I froze the SystemUpdate app with TB since my rooted 5.0 is running smooth at the moment. I doubt it's 6.0 anyway.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I got a system update notification on my T-Mobile Z3 a few days ago but I froze the SystemUpdate app with TB since my rooted 5.0 is running smooth at the moment. I doubt it's 6.0 anyway.

You might have missed your chance. :p

Actually if you are rooted you made a wise choice. You will have a rom soon enough.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
LOL! :eek::D

Can't wait to taste Marshmallow.
There are some battery optimization tweaks, but other than that Google basically updated Google now launcher and various apps so essentially lollipop has the look and feel of mm. Still us android enthusiasts are not happy until we go into about phone and see that new build number.

Do you rock nova, Google now, or the Sony launcher?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I use Nova.

Sent from my Xperia Z3