Somebody Please Help_Pushed Root and Now Device Not Found

HikenGruven

Reaction score
Ok, so I installed SDK, unlocked my bootloader using the method on Droid life. Attempted to root, chose the SU.zip file from the SD card. Now the phone just shows the clockword hat symbol in the middle of the screen. I tried typing "ADB reboot bootloader" in the command prompt and it says "device not found". The phone is still plugged into my usb and just sitting there. What should I do next!

OP
H

HikenGruven

Reaction score
Here are some images.

img.jpgdriver device issues.JPG

OP
H

HikenGruven

Reaction score
UPDATE: I've learned that pressing the power button take e to the screen where it gives me the option to "reboot system now", "install zip..." and so forth. When I go to the "reboot system now", it just takes me back to the previous image where it shows the hat in the middle of the screen. Towards the bottom it says "Back menu button disabled". What else can I do? I thought about pulling the battery, but wasn't sure if that was a good idea in this circumstance.

OP
H

HikenGruven

Reaction score
UPDATE: My own little crises is averted. I'm not sure why or what happened, but the back menu button became "enabled" again and the reboot worked. No root access though. Any ideas as to what caused this? I know enough to be dangerous and am a little freaked out before I try it again. There was some odd behavior inside clockwork. While I used my volume buttons to scroll up and down, sometimes it jumped 2-3 options (sliding right past them). There really was no method to the madness. So as of now, my phone is fine and functional. Sigh.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: My own little crises is averted. I'm not sure why or what happened, but the back menu button became "enabled" again and the reboot worked. No root access though. Any ideas as to what caused this? I know enough to be dangerous and am a little freaked out before I try it again. There was some odd behavior inside clockwork. While I used my volume buttons to scroll up and down, sometimes it jumped 2-3 options (sliding right past them). There really was no method to the madness. So as of now, my phone is fine and functional. Sigh.

The non-touch version of clockwork for the G-Nex is notoriously buggy. The skipping issue is normal and completely random, don't be alarmed. The back menu button being disabled is also completely normal. Anytime you scroll past the top or bottom of your current menu 3 times it will disable the back button. This is easy to do by accident the way it skips around. Anyway, to re-enable it, just re-scroll 3 times again and it will be enabled again.

The best solution is to flash the official touch recovery which removes both of these issues.

vlladdimir

Reaction score
Hi,
I have asimilar problem here. I tried to install the CVM on my phone on this instruction ClockWorkMod Recovery for Droid RAZR and Motorola RAZR [CWM Download] but I got stuck. The phone froze and none of the buttons do not work! On the screen is CWM logo. ADB and FastBoot tools are ineffective - Devise not found.
What should I do?! Please help. :(

My fon is Motorola Razr Maxx XT912

Edit: Long pres (Power and Volume-), about 15-20 seconds, was restart fon and boot into ICS. :)