Some videos to help Blackberry users transition

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The Transition Thread

[video=youtube;tpWzErkPS9g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpWzErkPS9g&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Droid Pro vs Blackberry 9650[/video]

[video=youtube;sycBlYyiHm4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sycBlYyiHm4&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Transitioning From Blackberry to Droid Pro - Part 1 of 2[/video]

[video=youtube;8BYUeXfUr4M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BYUeXfUr4M&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Transitioning From Blackberry to Droid Pro - Part 2 of 2[/video]

Thanks to the person who made those videos.

As an android user I am going to suggest some more apps that can help you make the transition. If you have any questions about apps or if you are looking for certain apps please post in this thread or pm me and ill help you when I can.

Android is a solid o.s. it is going to take you a little time to unlearn some of the way blackberry did things and learn android. I had to make the same transition from iphone to android. Once I got the mindset of why my droid did not do things the way my iphone did, and learned how the droid operated I appreciated android more and now like it better than how apple did things.

Reaction score
Perhaps you can help me find out if the Pro has a way to increase the font size. I am a bberry user and LOVE the pro but can't read the default font without glasses. I am not a computer-savvy person so I would ask that any instructions be in basic lay terms. THANK YOU! Teri

tattoorealestate

Reaction score
Just wanted to say thank you. Your videos are awesome, I just dumped my wife of 25 years a couple days ago & really starting to love the droid pro. Thank you for the showing the Touch Down App & Vingo - Really usefull.

Cheers

heyyclifford

Reaction score
To be honest ive had this droid pro for a month now and i still would prefer any blackberry simply for the bbm and the ease of texting , note taking, key board, and funtion buttons on the side. It seems with the droid i constantly have to click home. Or press many buttons just to get to one spot and i cant switch applications. I always have to click home. Or blah blah. And i cant customize my apps and arrange them a certain way. Unlike blackberrys L design home screen and funtionality of the home screen.

Who knows though maybe another month or two ill get the hang of this droid pro.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

New012

Reaction score
this is nice show, and very details to clear for now, so have to say thanks for sharing in our forum. I just want to change my old blackberry for a 9900. it is useful for me.
:biggrin:

BenSWoodruff

Reaction score
Really great app for quick switching (either between recently used or favorite app choices, determined in settings) is Wave Launcher. I only use one home screen (Zeam Launcher, home replacement, allows several lightweight customizations, such as gestures), so sliding my finger from the bottom of the screen to activate a wave of most recently used apps, like in webOS, is very useful to me. Zeam is my launcher (or home) app, but Wave Launcher is a multitasking app (like a replacement for holding down the home button). It all sounds a little confusing, but that's just because I'm tired lol. Try the apps and you'll enjoy them. Zeam also allows you to determine how many rows/collumns on the home screen, or even in the app drawer.

Enjoy.