Some question on Motorola Droid/Milestone

Reiji1987

Reaction score
hi,

Recently I had bought the motorola droid/milestone, and i really amazed by all its function.

Just some questions:

1) How can I make sure that the phone is using my wifi, instead of my HSDPA or GPRS? because I do not have a data plan and I do not want to get shock when i recieved my phone bill

2)How do I completely close an application? Because there is no close button, So i use the back button instead. When I have return to the home screen, I hold on to the "Home" button, it shows a list of application. And when i click on the application, it seems like it is running on the background.

Thank You

Regards
Reiji :D

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
hi,
1) How can I make sure that the phone is using my wifi, instead of my HSDPA or GPRS? because I do not have a data plan and I do not want to get shock when i recieved my phone bill

2)How do I completely close an application? Because there is no close button, So i use the back button instead. When I have return to the home screen, I hold on to the "Home" button, it shows a list of application. And when i click on the application, it seems like it is running on the background.

1) Your phone will use Wifi for data over 3g whenever it is connected to a Wifi network. Easy enough.

2) It's not running in the background, holding the home button shows recently run apps, not currently running apps. Let the OS handle app management, and you'll be fine.

Remember, the common trend here is "Let the OS handle it" and you'll be fine.

OP
R

Reiji1987

Reaction score
hi,

1) Your phone will use Wifi for data over 3g whenever it is connected to a Wifi network. Easy enough.

2) It's not running in the background, holding the home button shows recently run apps, not currently running apps. Let the OS handle app management, and you'll be fine.

Remember, the common trend here is "Let the OS handle it" and you'll be fine.

Hmmm So if there is no automactic update, there shouldn't be any data transmission right?

OP
R

Reiji1987

Reaction score
I mean, other than automactic updates, will there be other services inside that uses data transmission without we knowing?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
No, and you shouldnt be charged for system updates anyway.

OP
R

Reiji1987

Reaction score
I think it is a different case in singapore, because we have to pay for data transmission. And we are not able to access the android market here

Guchi

Reaction score
Having an Android device with no data plan is not really a great idea... just my opinion

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Even if you have to pay for regular data use, you shouldnt have to pay for software updates.

OP
R

Reiji1987

Reaction score
i had another sim card, with unlimited data usage, Because I have a notebook computer with me all the time, so I won't be using the milestone to surf the web. And it would be v ery troublesome if everytime i need to keep switching the sim card just to use the web :X

OP
R

Reiji1987

Reaction score
i think this phone is not really popular in singapore, yOu cannot find accessories for this phone anywhere in singapore..... I had to order on ebay aand wait for it to ship to Singapore