Some apps won't install or update

jazzman

Reaction score
For the past couple of weeks my Droid 1 won't install or update certain apps, e.g. Angry Birds and ROM manager. Others, e.g. Astrid, have installed fine.

I've tried a number of things, including switching ROMs, clearing data in the Market, etc.

I've got about 100MB of internal storage available.

Everything that is installed seems to work fine. I just can't get some apps to install.

Anyone ever run into a similar issue or have suggestions on a fix?

Thanks...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Sniper_5

Reaction score
if you have it set to auto update some might need a "manual installation" all ive ever had to do with that is click the update button manually. Why? I dont know lol. As for not installing at all im going to have to try and remember what I did to fix that issue. Ill post back as soon as I can remember...:icon_eek: Which market version are you running? you could try getting a hold of a copy of the Vending.apk and deleting and reinstalling.

OP
J

jazzman

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply SemperFi. It seems that the problem has something to do with the app being stored on the SD card. If I move them to the phone and then try to update, it works fine. I guess that's at least a work around. I'll try your suggestion to see if I can get rid of the problem.

Cheers!