[Solved] Google play store not opening

newtodroidx

Reaction score
Hello all, everyone I go to try and update or download a new app on the Google play store it says I have no connection and to retry. I hit the retry button and the same thing pops up. I have a solid signal whether it be 4g or wifi I have tried both and can't get it to work either way. I am lost. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated... Thanks in advance.

ashisha

Reaction score
Go to application manager, select Google play, clear cache, force stop. Now open app and your good to go

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I normally would have suggested a restart after doing that but you could also try removing the account, restart then add the account back in again. Nothing lost doing that but you might need to readjust a few settings under the account.

OP
N

newtodroidx

Reaction score
Okay so I deleted the account, added a new one and then restarted my phone still no luck. Thanks though.

ashisha

Reaction score
Just to know, you did clear data, defaults, cache, turn off and force stop. Restart

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
See if there is an option to uninstall updates in the app manager, for the Store! If so, go for it then restart the phone again.

OP
N

newtodroidx

Reaction score
Nope still nothing, I cleared cache and data and forced stop and uninstalled updates and then restarted and still no connection.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Did you clear data/cache in play store and play services?

Sent from my Moto X DE

OP
N

newtodroidx

Reaction score
Thank you so much for all the information, it must have been the google framework that needed clearing because as soon as I did that Google play store started working. Thanks again!

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Fantastic. I pulled that out from issues in another forum from a long time ago. Glad I still have some brain matter that works. ;)