Solution for Adobe Flash???

Hodor

Reaction score
I'm using dolphin Beta and it's greyed out in settings cannot turn it on how did you get it to work?
I get the message in the previous post as recDNA

I think what's happening is my "on demand" setting is being grandfathered in across my dolphin updates. I am admittedly not a very heavy flash user, and now that I think about it, flash hasn't been working as solid as it used to. I think maybe it's time to start looking at other browsers...

KaChow

Reaction score
If you are using the latest Dolphin Browser which the most recent version is 9.3.2 (there is also a Beta as well), it does not support flash player, seems there is some confusion on this. If you want to use Dolphin and use Flash Player than you need to download and install Dolphin Browser HD link is here. Also, download and install Flash Player 11.1, if you do not have it already which here is the latest version. If you are using Dolphin Browser already, you will need to install this "older HD" version over the newest copy 9.3.2 or beta. Then go into the settings> Web Content> Flash Player> Always On. That should do it.

View attachment 61648 View attachment 61649 View attachment 61646

* Just a note, also may want to "uncheck" the automatic update settings in the Playstore for Dolphin Browser, as you may receive reminders or a notice that an update is available.

View attachment 61647

If you cannot install these downloads from your device, make sure to go into Settings> Security> Unknown sources> check the box.

Last edited:

markymark

Reaction score
The problem with Dolphin is the older versions support Flash but they don't support pinch to zoom. The new version supports pinch to zoom but doesn't support Flash.

Boat Browser supports both and has the nicest UI.

snowman

Reaction score
Kachow thanks so much , but problem is I cannot figure out where the download button is on that link ,
there is so much advertisement stuff with downloads it's crazy, been downloading sites for years
but they hide the real download link very well

KaChow

Reaction score
Kachow thanks so much , but problem is I cannot figure out where the download button is on that link ,
there is so much advertisement stuff with downloads it's crazy, been downloading sites for years
but they hide the real download link very well

The links I used were Dev-Host, which the download button should be black and towards the center of the screen.

Dolphin Browser HD version 8.5.1.apk Dolphin_Browser_HD_8.5.1.apk

Adobe Flash Player version 11.1 (11.1.115.48) install_flash_player_ics (1).apk

*Note, I should also mention that it appears that Flash does work in 9.3.2, that is after Flash is installed with the Dolphin Browser HD 8.5.1 version. I don't know how reliable it is, but Flash appears to stay on. Doesn't look like Beta supports it yet.

View attachment 61690 View attachment 61691

Last edited:

snowman

Reaction score
Thanks much KaChow got it loaded and figured out I appreciate the downloads and help very much surprised this dosen't seem to be in the playstore (dolphin HD)
seems like a better running app. or did someone create this?

nepkp

Reaction score
Thanks Kachow

For reminding me to turn auto updates off.

I wondered what happened for a minute.....