Software for my laptop

angelav

Reaction score
I'm just not familiar with the verbage to research this myself so I'll explain what I am looking for.

Is there software available that allows me to back up my Droid on my laptop(like contacts, etc)? I have a USB cord that allows me to charge it but the disc that came with it does not work on my laptop CD player (it's one of the smaller discs as opposed to regular sized CD) When I allow it to search the internet for the software I need, it comes back that it does not find any.

Thanks.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm just not familiar with the verbage to research this myself so I'll explain what I am looking for.

Is there software available that allows me to back up my Droid on my laptop(like contacts, etc)? I have a USB cord that allows me to charge it but the disc that came with it does not work on my laptop CD player (it's one of the smaller discs as opposed to regular sized CD) When I allow it to search the internet for the software I need, it comes back that it does not find any.

Thanks.

Google automatically backs up your contacts on line so there is no need for that. Your paid apps are also backed up. The only thing you may want to do is use something like astro to back up your apps so you don't have to search again for them should something go wrong. Your paid apps will be in the market under downloads.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Things like contacts and paid apps are stored through your google account, thus always available at google. Then you could just copy everything on your sdcard into a folder on your desktop do as a backup of all the files