Softbricked but safestrapped

leavei

Reaction score
So basically I softbricked my phone and am pretty embarrassed by how I did it. :frown:

I got the phone from my brother, rooted, safestrapped, installed eclipse, but was having issues with the partitioning. There was internal, sd, and sd-ext. Sd still contained all of the files from my brother's install and I wanted to wipe it. I connected it via usb and tried to format the sd partition, but ended up blanking all internal storage. The odd thing is that it still boots to safestrap. If I try to continue the boot, it shows the motorola logo and then stops at a black screen. I figured I should just reinstall so I booted in safestrap and tried to create a slot for install, but the phone said 0 internal memory available. Went to wipe it and reset but I'm getting an error saying unable to mount sd.

I tried RSD, drivers installed, and it won't recognize my phone. I've heard there can be an issue with certain usb cables, but I'll have to find a few others that I can use tomorrow.

Normally I would just spend 12 hours figuring out how to fix this myself, but I'm worried about draining the battery and not being able to do anything so I'm looking for some basic advice on how to proceed. Anything would be helpful and I thank anybody in advance.

Last edited:
OP
L

leavei

Reaction score
So learned some simple things:
-safestrap is using virtual images
-the bionic's boot menu can be difficult to reach (possibly just the device im using)
-i had to use a cable that came with a phone to have rsd recognize it
-ghost hunters is on all night and its a terrible show

request a close or delete

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
So learned some simple things:
-safestrap is using virtual images
-the bionic's boot menu can be difficult to reach (possibly just the device im using)
-i had to use a cable that came with a phone to have rsd recognize it
-ghost hunters is on all night and its a terrible show

request a close or delete

Lmao.... Sounds like an interesting night. I'll leave the thread open in case anyone runs into a similar problem.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
L

leavei

Reaction score
Glad you left it, stuck on flash system "system.img" in RSD. I keep trying to find a correct method for moto-fastboot, but there's a lot of dead links throughout the forums. Gonna go dunk my head in a bucket of water and see if that works.

Edit: This is ridiculous. Got a shower and RSD worked. If anyone else ends up in a situation like this, make sure your RSD is current and be persistent.

Last edited: