Soft and hard keyboard not working

crowax

Reaction score
I searched but couldnt find anyone else with this problem.

My keyboard randomly stops working on my droid. I get my phone out and try to text, but anything I type doesnt appear. The spell check acts as though it's typing, because it puts the word down below in the suggestion box. Clicking the word wont fill it in to the box either. Sometimes backing out of messaging and going back in fixes it, but thats rare. I also opened my notepad app and browser and cannot type into them. This problem is both on the soft keyboard and the physical one.

This has been occuring a few times a day and must usually be fixed with a reboot. It is driving me very crazy!

I was running the bugless beast, and now I'm running CM6 RC3. I have many apps installed including launcher pro and beautiful widgets, but I wouldnt think they would mess up my typing. I have smart keyboard pro also, but I removed it and the problem remained.

Has anyone else seen this problem and have some sort of solution. I was thinking of doing a full wipe (again) and install one app at a time to see if and text for a full day to see if it stops, but that would be extremely time consuming. That would take over a month if I have 30 apps. Ugh.

Thanks in advance for any help.

mumbalee

Reaction score
Hard and soft keyboard not working

Did you ever figure out what was causing this? I have a moto cliq and had this issue when i was running on v1.2 and recently updated to v2.1 and still have the same problem. Sometimes a reboot fixes it, sometimes it doesnt. I have T-mobile for my network provider.

Curious if you ever resolved this.