Social Networking: Stock App default image question

LovelySakura247

Reaction score
A little problem to solve if you're having a boring Sunday ^_^

I changed my profile picture to be the same image on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. But instead, the widget shows 3 completely different pics I have used before. On the actual site, they are the correct image. Any idea why it's messed up?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Wipe cache and then reload the widgets. Social networking apps/widgets have a odd tendency to just not refresh sometimes, and just load from cache instead.

Sent from my cyanoblurred D2G

OP
LovelySakura247

LovelySakura247

Reaction score
Wipe cache and then reload the widgets. Social networking apps/widgets have a odd tendency to just not refresh sometimes, and just load from cache instead.

How would I go about doing that? ^_^;;

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Go into settings, applications, then manage applications. Go to the "all tab" and find the apps, tap on them, hit clear cache.

OP
LovelySakura247

LovelySakura247

Reaction score
Go into settings, applications, then manage applications. Go to the "all tab" and find the apps, tap on them, hit clear cache.

The cache was at 0.00 what about clearing the data?

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Just reload the widget then, it should pull the most recent image. By reload, I mean just remove it from homescreen, force stop the app it's related to, then add again.
Edit: actually, if it's blur, then it might just be it being slow. Most of us here don't really use its features, rather being on aosp roms because of how slow and buggy it is.

OP
LovelySakura247

LovelySakura247

Reaction score
Just reload the widget then, it should pull the most recent image. By reload, I mean just remove it from homescreen, force stop the app it's related to, then add again.
Edit: actually, if it's blur, then it might just be it being slow. Most of us here don't really use its features, rather being on aosp roms because of how slow and buggy it is.

Found the problem ^_^

When I add the account (twitter, linkedin, etc) it asks where I want my default images from. I chose the FB one as the default, linked all my different contacts under myself, and it now has the same image for all three :D

I appreciate your help ^///^

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Not a problem, though I never knew blur had a feature like that :laugh: