So, what did I break?

Maverick0984

Reaction score
My OG Droid was having the touch screen going haywire issue, and I decided to take it apart to try and clean the area around the digitizer in hopes that it would fix it.

Well, in taking it apart, I damaged the ribbon cable on the bottom left hand corner of the image.

Sorry for the awful quality, it is from a crappy dumb phone, I don't have anything else on me to take a picture.

So basically, what did I break? It appears like it is just attached to the vibration mechanism and the board that communicates with the speaker but wanted more info from someone else more in the know.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 070611_0908[00].jpg
    070611_0908[00].jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 263
OP
Maverick0984

Maverick0984

Reaction score
Turn it on and see what doesn't work... I can't really reel in the picture.

Well, I was hoping for something more concrete than that as the phone had issues to begin with and it may/may not be easy to tell what is new.

it's the yellowish ribbon cable that has been severed in that picture. The green board is the board that sits underneath the speaker.

dark juggalo

Reaction score
sorry to say but most of the ppl your gonna run across in here know more about software than hardware...I'm with X_tac23 on this one....turn it on and see what happens....you ain't got nothing to lose at this point.

there is a video on youtube that shows how to take one apart,it might mention the ribbon your referring to.

OP
Maverick0984

Maverick0984

Reaction score
sorry to say but most of the ppl your gonna run across in here know more about software than hardware...I'm with X_tac23 on this one....turn it on and see what happens....you ain't got nothing to lose at this point.

there is a video on youtube that shows how to take one apart,it might mention the ribbon your referring to.

Yeah, they just call it another ribbon, don't really refer to what it does. Frankly, some of the videos appear to be slightly different versions of what I have. Not everything matches up exactly, almost like there were multiple revisions of the OG Droid. They are claiming it is the Droid and not the Milestone as well, so it isn't that.

Oh well.