So I've decided to stop using my Nexus 6 and purchase a 6P but I have a couple questions

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
I did, however, have a question about possibly using my upgrade at Verizon to purchase a iPhone 6S 16gb for $199.99 on contract. I would then just resale the 6S for $600+ on swappa/Craigslist and use that money to make up for the cost of the 6P. I just have two questions:

Does anyone have any experience with doing this? I have read of numerous people doing this throughout the years, but have not done this myself.

Are there any downsides to this idea as opposed to being locked in for another 2 years?

Hopefully I've described the idea well enough for everyone to get the picture. If not just ask and I'll clarify further.

So I have done what you suggest.
The ETF follows the line not the phone. You should activate the phone on your line first. Just long enough to make a phone call. Then factory reset the phone. Then box it back up to sell. I would suggest getting a 64GB version since the market is better for those than the 16GB version.

There is no real downside except you pay the subsidized plan rate vs. some of the new plans. If you don't have an UDP, but you have one of the plans that they offered with lots of data I see this as a good move.

I used the BB method to upgrade four lines recently and sold three of the four phones on Swappa.
I've used Swappa more than a few times. The advantage of Swappa or CL is that both buyer and seller are protected to some degree. I don't like CL, too many scammers.