So is there anyway around this??

OP
C

cincinnaticj7

Reaction score
I have ran RSD as an admin on 3 different Computers..they are all running XP SP3. And nothing... I just ran the Linux flash, and I getting line 36 and line 23 errors. Then it loads some other lines of programs and then it says, waiting for phone. I think my Droid X may be out of luck...

joe.bob

Reaction score
I had lots of trouble trying 1kds linux method, always stuck at "waiting for phone" and also rsd 4.8 and 4.9 always "failed to re-enumerate." Despite using three different pcs (2 on xp sp3 and 1 on win7) and deleting and reinstalling drivers and software, nothing would work to sbf my phone. So on the final try instead of manually installing the drivers for my machines i just went to moto's site and got "moto helper" and it took care of the drivers for me. Then to my amazement rsd worked and my phone was revived after only 9 minutes.

Note: when plugging my x into usb prior to obtaining moto helper my pc didn't see anything from motorola regardless of the selected usb connection type, only a removable storage device - after moto helper the pc Saw everything just fine, not just a storage device but a moto phone with omap processor AND storage. Just thought I'd share my experience

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
C

cincinnaticj7

Reaction score
Joe.Bob,

I had the motorola helper file with the RSD and SBF files prior to the Linux part that I am stuck in now. I have changed out my USB connections, USB to Micro USB cable, still getting nowhere and I am just plain frustrated.

I have admin rights on everything as well...

joe.bob

Reaction score
Hmm I didn't have to run anything as admin on xp, but I did have to open up the properties of rsd and the sbf file itself and "unblock" them from windows security to get it working. Not sure if that's the admin part or not. Sorry for your dilemma, hope you get it fixed

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums