So im having Gtalk issues

Andrewecir

Reaction score
I have looked all over the site for an answer to my question but not found it yet so decided to just ask.... My problem is with Gtalk, it is not working for me, my friend sent me an invite to add him as a friend on Gtalk and I accepted. Now I cannot find him on my friend list and this is not the only time this is happening if anyone adds me they will not show up on my list????? Please help or lead me the right direction. Another question is my phone is basically out of the box and I have a couple of apps now however what would yall advise me to do to make it better then out the box or faster... Thanks everyone

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've never seen this issue with Google Talk. Don't know what's up with that.

There are plenty of suggestions to make your phone faster. Personally I think its fast enough as is but if you must search overclock in the tech area.

OP
Andrewecir

Andrewecir

Reaction score
Thanks Bill for the speedy reply I hope that my phone is not a lemon but I use Gtalk frequently and this problem is not acceptable. Im coming from owning a BB Curve that was awesome and I hope I made a good move by going DROID.... LOL I will look into overclocking and see what its all about

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
In the gTalk app on your phone... menu > more > settings .....see if 'mobile indicator' is enabled.
Only thing I can think of. Have you tried downloading the gTalk app for your computer on Google and see if it works there?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
In the gTalk app on your phone... menu > more > settings .....see if 'mobile indicator' is enabled.
Only thing I can think of. Have you tried downloading the gTalk app for your computer on Google and see if it works there?

A gtalk app for the computer. I honestly don't recall doing that. I thought it came installed in iGoogle.

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score
No offense, But you are coming From a curve And you are concerned About the speed of the droid?

OP
Andrewecir

Andrewecir

Reaction score
Well mobile indicator is enabled on my phone and on my comp the newly added friends are showing up>>>>> this is real weird its just not showing up on my phone..... Do you reckon I should take the phone back to VZW?

texasPI

Reaction score
Gtalk is built into Gmail. Just log into your email account and you'll see your contacts there.

OP
Andrewecir

Andrewecir

Reaction score
LOL Sweet Dad but yes my Berry was very fast and responsive if I was just playing on the net or changing os versions or anything else, besides having to do a battery pull every so often I was happy and hope to be happier with the Droid I just cant seem to figure out the Gtalk issue and the speed question is more of looking for advice on the best tweaks to try on my Droid. I enjoy looking over the net for things to do and after all we all like better>>> Right?

OP
Andrewecir

Andrewecir

Reaction score
So a little update to my problem that I am finding interesting. If I add the email addy of my friends that add me to gtalk to the IM part in their contact I can send them messages that way via Gtalk however on the gtalk screen they still do not show up as a friend?????? this is real awkward

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So a little update to my problem that I am finding interesting. If I add the email addy of my friends that add me to gtalk to the IM part in their contact I can send them messages that way via Gtalk however on the gtalk screen they still do not show up as a friend?????? this is real awkward
Trying deleting any gTalk contacts... then send an invite to 1 person (they have to have a gmail account obviously) and see if when they accept the invite it shows up.
if not try vice versa and clear out your contacts and have them send you an invite.

OP
Andrewecir

Andrewecir

Reaction score
So when I send the invite, the contact seems to show up as a friend in Gtalk now, however what has happened is it added a new contact in my contact list just as the email address is there anyway that I can merge this new contact to my already existing contact in my contacts list????

Example now I have in my contact list a Bryson with phone number- Patrick Bryson with a hotmail addy and facebook page- and a bryson0309@gmail. com

All of these are the same person with 3 different entries in my contact list and the bryson actually has his gmail addy under the IM part too

I guess to get friends on my gtalk list I have to add them and not them add me

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So when I send the invite, the contact seems to show up as a friend in Gtalk now, however what has happened is it added a new contact in my contact list just as the email address is there anyway that I can merge this new contact to my already existing contact in my contacts list????

Example now I have in my contact list a Bryson with phone number- Patrick Bryson with a hotmail addy and facebook page- and a bryson0309@gmail. com

All of these are the same person with 3 different entries in my contact list and the bryson actually has his gmail addy under the IM part too

I guess to get friends on my gtalk list I have to add them and not them add me
Contacts in gTalk do not get added to my phone's contact list. Not sure what's goin on here. Log onto your gMail account on your computer and click on "settings" in the right hand corner. Take a look around and see if any of the settings deal with your issue.