So I noticed something....

DJStormX

Reaction score
I decided to take a look at the last software update that was released for the thunderbolt from here:

One Last HTC Thunderbolt Software Update Leaks Before Launch - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

PG05IMG_Mecha_VERIZON_WWE_1.12.605.9_Radio_1.16.00.0223r_NV_8k_1.41_9k_1.64_release_176865_signed.zip - 911SnIpEr

and noticed on the download site it took me to that the radio numbers are the same but the software number is 1.12.605.9 and on my thunderbolt it reads 1.12.605.6??? Could this be the software fix for the battery issues or something better? Anybody care to give it a shot and install on there thunderbolt and reply back with results?

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I remember reading about that last software update before release. Figured my phone would have it. My software number is 1.12.605.6 as well. Hmmmm Can we manually update without root?

OP
D

DJStormX

Reaction score
I would think so...u just download it and put the PB image on ur root sd card then boot into the bootloader and it should automatically start installing it but kinda wanted one of the experienced hackers to try it out first but whoever wants to try it out lemme know what happens of what good or bad things you find out from it. If all is good ill manually update mine :)