So I know we're still waiting but....

maverick31210

Reaction score
Still hanging tight for ICS but just curious what will be the main changes. I know some have installed the leaked ROM but I've sat tight on that for now.

What are the big noticeable differences? All the articles I find are pretty old. Are we finally getting screenshots dammit!? LOL.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
In all honesty nobody knows what the changes will be. By the time the real deal is released the leaked version will be a dinosaur. We can certainly speculate but that is not going to get you any real answers neither :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR

OP
M

maverick31210

Reaction score
Great, thanks for the link.

Still no word on those screenshots though.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
What screenshots are you referencing?

As CK says, the actual release will most likely vary from the leak but I enjoy the ease of switching between multiple Google accounts in both the gMail and gTalk app as well as the beta version of Webtop...this is a very polished build for a leak and if they can make it better, it will be awesome!

OP
M

maverick31210

Reaction score
I am referring to the ability to take screenshots natively. Without the need for root or third party apps.

That's honestly the main/only reason I've rooted any of my phones. I never cares much for custom roms and etc .... android is damn customizable on it's own.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
In that case...the native screenshot option works in the ICS leak...you hold the power button and volume down at the same time and the screenshot is obtained - if you continue to hold the same button combo (power / volume down) the phone will hard reset and reboot...

And I agree, that is one of the reasons I root as well but to also change my system font...

OP
M

maverick31210

Reaction score
That's awesome! I'm glad to hear that. I used all sorts of ROMS on my D1 and found that stock was always the smoothest. I usually end up with stock rooted ROM just for the purpose of screenshots. I tried a few ROMS on my TBolt too, not nearly as much as my D1 but still. Even then I came back to stock rooted.