So, I keep reading rave reviews of Gummyjar...But I have a D2G...

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The Gummy author (kejar31) is actually working on another ROM (Liberty), so it's probably not very likely right now.

Dustin.

Reaction score
Well I don't exactly know the difference between the software on the two devices aside from the out of the box 1.2GHz and the Global SIM. But it MAY work if you flash the D2 version but with that said, it could cause issues.

And they released a SBF for the D2G about a week ago if I'm correct. So if I'm not, please feel free to correct me!

Sent from my DROID X.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well I don't exactly know the difference between the software on the two devices aside from the out of the box 1.2GHz and the Global SIM. But it MAY work if you flash the D2 version but with that said, it could cause issues.

And they released a SBF for the D2G about a week ago if I'm correct. So if I'm not, please feel free to correct me!

Sent from my DROID X.

I wouldn't flash it as is because best case scenario you'll end up with no service and worst case you'd have to sbf.

tappin and a talkin

microsnook

Reaction score
It just wont work for you, sorry.

Dont want to mess your phone up!

OP
N
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not dumb enough to try a D2 ROM on a D2G... There's too many differences, things just don't work right... Hell, I have problems with Fission, the ROM that IS designed for my phone (That's why I wanted to try Gummyjar)..

quickgiant

Reaction score
yes! i also have a global and its so frustrating to see awesome stuff like liberty and not be able to use it. i just dont know if kejar31 or jrummy16 have globals to test on. also, i have no idea how roms are made/ported, so i dont know how much work it is to do something like this. that said, i really want to try liberty.