So I just got my update...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnDoeJohnDoes

Reaction score
...and have some questions.

The only new widgets I discovered are the News & Weather one and I was wondering if they had a new clock/date widget to put on the home screen?

The live wallpapers make my phone lag a little bit so i removed it and went to a normal one so nothing lagged.

Why can't I get Google Earth since I have 2.1 now?

And everything pretty much looks (except for new gallery & music player) the same and I only have 3 screens? Wasn't it supposed to look different & have 5 screens?

Any answers would be awesome.:icon_ banana:

warrior21

Reaction score
I use beautiful widgets for the clock and date and to me it looks the best. It also has the weather right on your home screen. You should be able to get google earth from the market, although, I have heard of it not showing up for some of the other people on here. The update still has the 3 home screens so you might want to check out helix from the market. You can get up to 7 screens and it is very stable

vtrider159

Reaction score
How do you get this live wallpaper I keep hearing about?

I can;t download earth either, you aren't alone.

sc4fpse

Reaction score

The only new widgets I discovered are the News & Weather one and I was wondering if they had a new clock/date widget to put on the home screen?

The live wallpapers make my phone lag a little bit so i removed it and went to a normal one so nothing lagged.

And everything pretty much looks (except for new gallery & music player) the same and I only have 3 screens? Wasn't it supposed to look different & have 5 screens?

No new clock/date widget... not sure what made you think there was one.

Live wallpapers require more of your phone's resources, so it will slow your phone down a little bit. Smart move going back to a static one though.

Google Earth has completely vanished from the market for everyone. It's not just you. No idea why, but if you search, you can probably find the .apk floating around the internet, and manually install it yourself.

No, this update was never supposed to have 5 screens. Verizon did not include it for whatever reason. There was also the 3D launcher that the Nexus One has that was part of 2.1, but again, Verizon never indicated we'd be getting that. That likely was a little too intense for the Droid's processor, and as such, was never included in the update.

warrior21

Reaction score

Live wallpapers require more of your phone's resources, so it will slow your phone down a little bit. Smart move going back to a static one though.

Google Earth has completely vanished from the market for everyone. It's not just you. No idea why, but if you search, you can probably find the .apk floating around the internet, and manually install it yourself.

No, this update was never supposed to have 5 screens. Verizon did not include it for whatever reason. There was also the 3D launcher that the Nexus One has that was part of 2.1, but again, Verizon never indicated we'd be getting that. That likely was a little too intense for the Droid's processor, and as such, was never included in the update.
I just check the market and google earth is still there. market>apps>all applications>top free>second app down after google maps

jdk2

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1103

I just searched the market and there it was. It hasn't quite vanished for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.