So annoyed HELP!!!

cdurrough

Reaction score
Ok my bf broke his phone so I let him have my Dx. Anyway I'm back to the lovely and annoying Fascinate. So I got it rooted last night and I went into rom manager downloaded my CWRecovery, blah blah blah. All was good, but when I tried to download a rom it boots me into recovery and I get E: Cannot verify whole file sig.
I've looked all over multiple forums and from what I can tell this means CWRecovery isn't downloaded properly. So now what? I tried clearing my phone and starting again. I tried unistalling and reinstalling Rom Manager. I even tried installed a later version of CWRecovery with no luck. Any ideas?

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Are u trying to download the same rom each time? Try one u know that works get the zip from here on the forum and read the comments to confirm it works and see if loading that one works

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

joesaksx

Reaction score
dont use cwm to load recovery or roms. use odin to flash cwm and flash roms manually

OP
cdurrough

cdurrough

Reaction score
Are u trying to download the same rom each time? Try one u know that works get the zip from here on the forum and read the comments to confirm it works and see if loading that one works

No I cant download any of them. Or do a backup.
@joesaksx: ok I have no idea how to do that.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If u can't download any of them or do a backup ur recovery is bonked all u have to do is go into rom manager flash the alternate recovery (sprecovery) or an older version of clockworkmod recovery then boot into the alternate or older recovery to make sure it flashed correctly then boot back up go into rom manager and flash the newest clockwork recovery then boot back into recovery and try a backup again

joesaksx

Reaction score
Rom Manager doesnt work with the new fascinate recoveries need to flash froyo roms. Rom Manager is basically worthless for the fascinate

Yakuzagang5

Reaction score
So now I started following this tutorial
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...e-guide-recover-your-fascinate-any-error.html

But when I get to rerooting my phone it wont root. I tried z4root and it didnt work. It didnt root my phone the first time either, I had to use a program called FascinateRoot_v02. Now that program wont even root my phone. grr.r

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/samsung-fascinate-development/140966-just-suggestion.html

Use that and follow those steps exactly. I just did it and it worked perfectly, just make sure you hit PDA and not phone!!! lol

I attached the ODIN.exe file for you. Just open the folder, and move the Odin exe file to the desktop, had to make it a .zip file for DF lol

Just download ODIN, use as Administrator, and follow the steps in the post I posted above. Good luck!

Last edited:

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
So now I started following this tutorial
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...e-guide-recover-your-fascinate-any-error.html

But when I get to rerooting my phone it wont root. I tried z4root and it didnt work. It didnt root my phone the first time either, I had to use a program called FascinateRoot_v02. Now that program wont even root my phone. grr.r
just follow this thread and it will do it all for you http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...roms-w-root-new-clockwork-updated-2-11-a.html

OP
cdurrough

cdurrough

Reaction score
Ok I think,my phone has when postal. So now I am rooted I downloaded the rom but nothing changed except google ia now my search. I also have a workimg cwm. I didnt download rom managets I just skipped downloDimg it and booted to recovery and it worked but if I manually try and noot to cwm I grt regilar recovery menue. I have no idea whats going on.