Sniffing the Droid

les017

Reaction score
Hey all, my name's Evan...currently using original EnV on Verizon and like so many others I just can't go AT&T to get an iPhone as the coverage is poor for my uses. So now i am sniffing between the Blackberry Tour and the DROID.

Lot's of great info here, I appreciate all you've done here. Look forward to participating and learning. But so far I feel i will be waiting until this fabled 12/11 update before I really jump.

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Hey there evan and a warm :welcome: to

DROIDFORUMS

Your new confortable home wif all the news, tricks
and tips you need for DROID!
I would recommend rather DROID dan BlackBerry Tour, i know
lot o guys that r totally unsatisfied wif that!

Whatever you choose, feel free to hang around here, posting, asking or
just relaxing :D

Tigger

OP
L

les017

Reaction score
Well I am pretty sure I am going to go double Android here shortly - a Droid for me and an ERIS for my wife. But I have a sync-related question first...

I have Gmail with contacts and calendar. My wife tends to use her Ymail. My question concerns calendar and contact syncing. Will she be able to use her ERIS to sync MY contacts and MY calendar....without having to use/see my email?

I have no problem with her seeing my email personally. It's just that I would like her and I to use a single calendar and contact list but make it so that she does not have to deal with my emails.

looking forward to it....and thanks!!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Well I am pretty sure I am going to go double Android here shortly - a Droid for me and an ERIS for my wife.

Beat ya to it.... Wife liked my Droid but opt'ed for the Eris.

To the OP...The Droid has more potential than any BB out.....I've used quite a few of them...

ironosity

Reaction score
shared contacts

Well I am pretty sure I am going to go double Android here shortly - a Droid for me and an ERIS for my wife. But I have a sync-related question first...

I have Gmail with contacts and calendar. My wife tends to use her Ymail. My question concerns calendar and contact syncing. Will she be able to use her ERIS to sync MY contacts and MY calendar....without having to use/see my email?

I have no problem with her seeing my email personally. It's just that I would like her and I to use a single calendar and contact list but make it so that she does not have to deal with my emails.

looking forward to it....and thanks!!

Sort of. I synced all my wife's gmail contacts to my phone. But to do so I had to add her gmail account, sync the contacts and then set her account so it didn't sync (so I wouldn't keep getting notifications every time she gets and email). So now I have her contacts but my phone never gets/syncs new mail for her account but neither will it sync new contacts she makes unless I turn it back on (at least I don't think it will, though I haven't tried.

As for calanders I'm not sure what you mean. For me the easiest thing to do would be to have a shared calendar on google. then it would sync fine and you would only see your cals (as well as the shared one between your wife) and she would see her cals (again with any shared cals).

Hope this helps.

OP
L

les017

Reaction score
Thanks Iron - I think this does help...sort of lol. I'll just need to try it. I sort of assumed it would work the way you claimed. Makes sense. I guess I was just hoping that email and contact sync were separate settings. Oh screw it, I guess I just need to go buy them and see for myself.:wacko:

thanks for the insight