SMS Pro?

Droid_Ritch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
I took a look at the app recently and I like the idea of being able to customize your SMS settings...if anyone uses this application..I have a few questions:

Does the extra running app take up a lot of CPU usage?

Will texts still be received to your regular SMS stock services?

I also noticed that when I did have the app installed that when I had bubble messages set up the texts are not matched in conversation how they should be...They seem to all be listed together at once for my responses and all of my texts I received are all grouped together for the person I am texting....So does anyone know how to fix these settings?

Reaction score
Texts will still be received by stock text app but you can just turn off notifications for the stock app to avoid double notification. Not sure about the settings or grouping you mentioned. I used go SMS before but I prefer handcent sms.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Kimo91

Reaction score
+1 for handcent and I've used this text messaging app from the first time I switched to android from Blackberry 2 years ago.

Sent from my Boeing approved Moto DROID Razr

OP
Droid_Ritch

Droid_Ritch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
Yea at first the grouping was listed chronologically the first time I installed it and then the second time I installed the app it seems to mess up all of my conversations. For every conversation my sent texts are all grouped together by timing and all of my received messages are grouped together separately the same way...I don't know if just glitching that way or if there some way to change the settings.

But as far as handcent...Pros and Cons? And whats the difference compared to SMS Pro?

techRob

Reaction score
Not sure about the difference - I've only used stock, handcent, and go SMS (or is it SMS go?) - all on my OG.

Anyway, handcent has a lot of customization options (such as how conversations are displayed. / themed) - and a lot of plugins and real themes. It really is nice. My suggestion is to grab each one and use them exclusively for a couple weeks each - and get cozey with em.
SMS pro prolly costs huh? Handcent is free - but does have "membership" options; one of bonuses to that is u can send bigger sized files (I believe they upload the file to a server and send a download link - not certain, but it's explained) .... as are the other membership perks (I almost signed up, but felt saving my money was more important to me as the free non membership version works just fine) .

Handcent is usually the first apologize I install / tweak after a ROM flash. :)

Tapp'd via OG Droid on life support...

MonkeyMouth

Reaction score
Settings>Advanced>Important tips> sort type of conversation message> short by order of sent and received.

BEAMED from my DROID RAZR!