SMS Notification in Bluetooth Headphones

hailster

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a way to have a SMS notification play through a pair of bluetooth headphones? When I am at work I have to keep my phone on vibrate but am allowed to listen to music. I don't always keep my phone on me at work and even when it's in my pocket I don't always feel it.

Hopefully there is a way to do this, I don't care what it plays but as long as there is some notification in my headphones.

Reaction score
It all depends on your headset as well as the phone. I've had some that will, but only with certain phones, and visa versa. Also it could be the case that since the phone is not playing sound for incoming messages, the phone won't either. Reason I say this is I always put my phone on vibrate when listening to music using the 3.5 jack due to the fact that the Droid will stop the music to play a notification sound.

OP
hailster

hailster

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, the phone is the Motorola Droid and the headphones are Motorola S9HD. I thought about trying to just turn the ringtones on, but I don't really get texts outside of work and I don't want to risk having it go off during work.
As for the music stopping to play the tone, that wouldn't be too annoying unless I received a lot of texts around the same time.

Reaction score
Well in theory, if you have the headphones on the sound will only come through them, or at least thats how it is with regular headphones. My bluethooth headphones died or else I would have tried it by now. Only thing to it is to do it, and at home that way you don't have to worry about it at work.