SMS Not working?

orlandoc1

Reaction score
I have had my droid pro since it came out, almost a year ago, and it has always been great. a few months ago i rooted up to gingerbread but had no problems with it, a few days ago my phones sms started doing something unique. everytime i start to type, i get a few words in before the suggestion bar below the type box drops out and i cant do anything else other than go to the home screen, no other buttons work. i go back into the messaging app and my little process is saved as a draft, same thing occurs with the virtual keyboard and the many sms apps ive tried. this problems rather annoying, i would appreciate any help, thank you in advance :)

google123

Reaction score
You mention it happens with several SMS apps that you have tried. Have you tried using a different keyboard app? I know that using different keyboard apps would seem redundant given the Pro's excellent physical QWERTY but it may be a problem with the stock GB keyboard. Try using some keyboard apps and see if the problem persists. I recommend Touchpal by Cootek. Its in the market. If the problem goes away, I think a factory reset would probably fix the stock keyboard app. Also, since you are rooted, I would also suggest a Pro copy of Titanium Backup for fast backup/restore of your apps after a factory restore. Titanium Backup is completely worth the cost.

tattooz

Reaction score
I started having this same exact problem, just started a couple days ago. I have been running the rooted GB for about 4-6 months with no problems, so I can't blame that. I uninstalled all apps that I recently installed, thinking that might fix it. It happens in Gmail, SMS and Facebook for me.

Did you ever figure out what it is or a fix?

tattooz

Reaction score
I found a fix for this. Go to Menu --> Settings --> Application --> Manage applications --> All --> Multi-touch keyboard and clicking on "clear data". After I did that, all works fine now. dancedroid

rober3names

Reaction score
Thank you!!! Tattooz!!!

I found a fix for this. Go to Menu --> Settings --> Application --> Manage applications --> All --> Multi-touch keyboard and clicking on "clear data". After I did that, all works fine now. dancedroid

That totally worked, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!