SMS Messaging Bug Sending Texts to Wrong Recipient on Android

Jambanc

Reaction score
I have been using handcent since I first got my Droid and haven't had 1 text go astray I love handcent!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Mmracing

Reaction score
I have been using handcent since I first got my Droid and haven't had 1 text go astray I love handcent!

Same here with my Droid 1 using Handcent.

-:Sent from my ViewSonic GTablet (VEGAn) using Tapatalk Pro:-

musclemilk

Reaction score
Will it only send to a random contact in the TXT list?

Or anyone in your phonebook?

geoff5093

Reaction score
Happens all the time to me, with the stock app and Handscent. It seems to happen if you click on one conversation, then go back and quickly select another conversation, it will load up a completely different one. This is a major pain when I try to delete conversations because it usually ends up deleting the wrong one.

Lenagainster

Reaction score
I wonder if there is any connection to the amount of texting conversations that are stored and there is some sort of overflow problem. Does it happen to those who are light texters, or who delete entire conversations frequently? I delete all my text conversations every week or so and don't believe I've ever sent one to the wrong person. Certainly, I've never received one in error.

geoff5093

Reaction score
I currently have around 3000 texts, and each conversation is anywhere from 50-500 texts. It typically happens when I delete texts from facebook that I don't want to keep, when I long press and go to delete it will sometimes delete another conversation. It usually happens if I try it right after opening the messaging app, or if I enter and leave a conversation and then try to delete one immediately.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Sometimes this happens a ton with my incredible using handcent. Rebooting the phone usually solves it.

geoff5093

Reaction score
I've found that waiting a few seconds before clicking on a conversation works, but sometimes I forget so it is still an annoyance.

bdub33

Reaction score
It happened to me on xmas day. Sent my bro a merry xmas to the fam, moments later my buddy replies merry xmas to me TOO. I was puzzled as to why my buddy got the text, and my bro never replied back. Read about the bug today, and out of curiosity today I askd my bro if he got my txt on xmas and he said no. Mite have to stick to gtalk till this gets resolved