SMS Messages not coming through vehicle sound system

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
With my new P2XL Verizon edition, my 2014 Chevrolet Suburban announces my phone calls and I can talk/listen through my vehicle radio sound system. However, when it comes to SMS messages (using Android Messages) it stays within my phone. Nothing through the vehicle radio sound system. Is this normal for the P2XL on 8.1, or am I missing something? If I enable the Android Auto app, the SMS messages are announced and I can reply, but still only through the phone, not the vehicle sound system. My vehicle is not new enough for Android Auto being built into the vehicle sound system. So, again, am I missing something, or what?

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you're coming from a Motorola phone..get used to not having the "Driving Mode". So yes natively on the phone itself without 3rd party apps, you need Andriod Auto to be running to have SMS read to you. It can also depend on the entertainment system in the vehicle. My wife's 2018 4Runner with Toyota Entune will read SMS. My 2013 Tundra withtout and Entune head unit, does not.

OP
kmf1

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Thanks radon222. This may take some getting used to.

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well the good news is your Pixel 2XL is one of the few android phones compatible with the new Wireless Android Auto head units. Might be time to upgrade :p:D

OP
kmf1

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Well the good news is your Pixel 2XL is one of the few android phones compatible with the new Wireless Android Auto head units. Might be time to upgrade :p:D
Maybe....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk