Smooth Battery Cover

squeak

Reaction score
I'll go ahead and say it, I hate the "stitching" on my Note 3's battery cover. I also ended up with a white phone. I would have preferred black, but white was what my local store had and I thought I would give it a try. I don't mind it, but I'm a mechanic and I also do some automotive painting on the side so the back seems to attract greasy fingerprints. I've considered painting it, but it would still have the stitches, so I've been looking for a smooth back cover. Has anyone purchased one yet and if so what brand was it and how did it fit? I found this aluminum one on amazon, but I'm concerned about how it attaches to the phone, thinking that since it's a harder material than the plastic it snaps into it could potentially damage the phone.

Edit: here's the Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Generic-Alumi...82533814&sr=8-1&keywords=note+3+battery+cover

alexcool

Reaction score
I knew some back covers with paintings about iphones and samsungs,but the prices are a little higher

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

OP
squeak

squeak

Reaction score
I found and ordered a smooth plastic back cover that was around 7 dollars, but it has 17 to 24 day shipping. So I guess it will be a few weeks before I get it.

mcsoul

Reaction score
Nice looking covers! May order a couple, but I wonder if the aluminum hurts reception.

mcsoul

Reaction score
I ordered the one in your link and finally got it today. Looks pretty nice actually. The inside is injected with plastic, I'm not worried about the clips.
I should have ordered more colors, I just got black. If it impacts reception over the next few weeks, I'll post.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I need to find a real OEM replacement for my phone, cracked it where the S pen goes in trying to take it off :-(

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Oh not good. .. How bad?

N3 tapa

1/4 inch at most. Really with my case I don't notice, but would still like to get it replaced.

Would like to get one that does not say Verizon anyway.

Caesars

Reaction score
Thinking about your cracked note 3 is making me sad... :-(

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

OP
squeak

squeak

Reaction score
I ordered the one in your link and finally got it today. Looks pretty nice actually. The inside is injected with plastic, I'm not worried about the clips.
I should have ordered more colors, I just got black. If it impacts reception over the next few weeks, I'll post.

How's reception? after your comment about the plastic inside, I see the plastic lip around the edge. I'll be ordering one and painting it. Notice any difference in reception?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Any luck with info on replacement...bummer...

Yeah got here yesterday from EBay. 12 bucks, but worth it to me just to get rid of the Verizon logo.
a6yzy4et.jpg

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I need to find a real OEM replacement for my phone, cracked it where the S pen goes in trying to take it off :-(

At least you didnt crack your screen ....I dropped my Note3 less than 48 hrs after getting it and cracked bottom left corner.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
At least you didnt crack your screen ....I dropped my Note3 less than 48 hrs after getting it and cracked bottom left corner.

What ? Oh no way ..I'm sorry to hear it ..and you have been patiently waiting for the upgrade ...bummer
What you doing for repair or replacement ?

N3 tapa