Smooth Android Emulation Comes to Your Desktop PC or Mac with 'Andy'

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
andy-android-emulator.png

Andy the Android takes on a whole new meaning now. A new piece of software is available for both the PC and the Mac which offers seamless Android emulation on your desktop. Andy currently uses Android 4.2 Jelly Bean but the developers plan to continue updating Andy to the most current version of Android as soon as they can after updates roll out.

Andy is a standalone app and can even allow you to play your favorite Android games directly from your synced Google account. It even has some cool features like the ability to use your phone as a remote control when playing games. Here's a quote with the details on how to get it going,

Once you’ve installed the software, you’ll be asked to sign into your Google account as well as 1ClickSync in order to sync up Andy and the Android device you want to pair with your desktop.

If you want to use your phone or tablet in conjunction with your computer, the Andy app for Android devices will allow you to control the emulator from your mobile device. This is especially useful for games or apps that require the accelerometer or a touchscreen in order to function. ~ BGR

The emulator isn't available on the Google Play Store just yet, but the APK can be downloaded from DropBox right now. Alternatively, you can download the app for free from the company's website: Andyroid.net.

Last edited:

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Tried to DL the Mac version Got a message: The Mac version is not available until the end of April. Isn't that now?

But it does sound totally cool.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Downloading now. Not sure what I'll use it for as I'm not a developer but sounds like something I'd like to look at.