Smart Action Question

bama stripes

Reaction score
I want to turn on bluetooth on my Maxx when I am in my truck, and turn it off when I am not. Have reviewed the smart actions and have been unable to come up with a solution. Any ideas ?

thc1967

Reaction score
How would the phone know you're in your truck? Do you put it into a car dock?

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I know when I'm off work or going to work so I set timed action in my case "morning" and turn BT on.
play with the built in suggestions they're usable as is for most of them anyway.

I really love how it will ask if you want to set a smart action, it keeps asking for my work action but I'm not there yet.
This app should be on every smart phone out there, and the Maxx doesn't really need it but:

Energy is power, and power is everyone's business!

DocsDad

Reaction score
I don't think you can set it other than a time frame.

Another option is to create the smart action "Truck" and turn on an off bluetooth by touching the icon from "Ready" to "Active" manually. Just place the Smart Action widget on you home screen.

OP
B

bama stripes

Reaction score
I am not in my truck at any particular time, so a timeframe trigger would not work. The SYNC system in my Ford F150 provides a Bluetooth connection, but Bluetooth must be turned on my phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

mark7step

Reaction score
You could set a trigger when the phone is charging to activate bt. I do this when in the car i dont have the maxx so charging when ever possible.

rockdocaxnjxn

Reaction score
Same here. I have a smart action to turn on BT when I'm charging. Whenever I put the Razr on the car dock and start charging, the BT turns on and automatically links to my car in about 10 seconds. I haven't found an alternative way, but this method works reliably and quickly.

RockDoc

surge

Reaction score
I leave my blue tooth and wifi on all the time.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Just leave bluetooth on all the time. It really doesn't take that much battery in my experience. Leaving wifi on all the time takes more battery than bluetooth so I only turn on wifi when I need it. The other way, like has been mentioned, is to plug it in or put it in a car dock and tell the bluetooth to turn on every time it charges. I'm too lazy for that.