Small form factor tablets

Big Ry

Reaction score
My wife likes tablets in the 7-8" range, and she's had a Galaxy tab A7 since 2016. The A7 is nothing but problems. It has no on board storage and apps 2 SD doesn't function properly. I've tried everything, including rooting. It's useless.

So what options are available to replace it? I see Samsung has a 8" and 8.4" tablets, but some reviews are mixed. Lenovo has a super cheap 8" tablet, but I'm a little reluctant to buy from one of the "off brands" (off, as in not a big name TABLET manufacturer).

Pretty much her only use is media: Plex, Netflix, Amazon prime. She would probably also use it for social media if it can handle it. Her A7 can't handle having more than 2-3 non-stock apps installed at once, so she can't currently use it for social media. Given the use case, it must also have decent speakers, 3.5mm jack, decent battery life, and preferably at least capable of 1080p video (720 will do if the price is right). Only wifi is needed, by I would consider one with a radio if the other specs were good.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
Have you tried a factory reset, and to get the latest software?
I understand she likes the smaller form factor, but my Tab S7 is phenomenal.

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
Have you tried a factory reset, and to get the latest software?
I understand she likes the smaller form factor, but my Tab S7 is phenomenal.
Yes, I've tried everything.

The s7 isn't the same device as the a7. The a7 is a $100 tablet.

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
Yes, I've tried everything.

The s7 isn't the same device as the a7. The a7 is a $100 tablet.

I'd suggest checking out other options.
I've only used Samsung Tablets since the Google Nexus Tablets went away, the Nexus 7, was a good small form factor.

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
I can't seem to get any info on this anywhere, so i ultimately just decided to buy a Samsung Galaxy tab 8.4 (TMobile version, cause it was cheapest). We'll see how it fairs on Friday when it arrives.