Slow data all of a sudden?

dmproske

Reaction score
About 4 days ago my tb all of a sudden starting bogging down while browsing. I am in a 4g area (Houston tx). Prior to this my 4g was blazing fast. Now I have to wait a minute or more for the Google home page to load. Also notice it when using YouTube or other video sites.
If I put the phone into 3g mode it works much better, faster then 4g now for some reason.

I have uninstalled all apps I have downloaded recently. Made no difference.

Should I try a factory reset?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

OP
D

dmproske

Reaction score
In case anyone else has this issue. I tried a factory reset. No change. Some pages took forever to start to load. Some would load half way and never finish.... Then starting about 4 hours ago out of the blue ( just like this all started) phone is now back to normal....blazing fast 4g.

turdbogls

Reaction score
interesting. mine has slowed down SOME, but it is still fast.
before i was getting like 15mbps now i am getting like 8-9. but nothing like what you were experiencing

OP
D

dmproske

Reaction score
Well as of 1600 hours today the slowness and lag is back. When trying to load Google homepage may take 30 to 45 seconds. Some pages never finish loading. Videos don't load at all, they time out.
3g and wifi work perfectly. Will take it to a vzw store tomorrow.

runaround

Reaction score
Please let us know what you find. I'm in Pearland and have been having the same issues for the last few days. Some sites load quickly (examples: ESPN, Bing), but anything Google is sloooow. Tried the voice to text over near Hobby yesterday and it couldn't connect. Trying to visit the Google homepage, Google news, Google finance, Google+, etc all either are really slow or never connect. However, they do work when using wifi, so I'm thinking it might be a network issue over a device issue.

firefighter

Reaction score
Same problem here. All Google. Market, maps, browser etc. Works fine with WiFi but sucks on 4g.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
D

dmproske

Reaction score
Firefighter where r u located? I have seen the problem in Houston tx and Dallas tx. Gonna hit the VZW store later this evening.

firefighter

Reaction score
Pensacola Florida I was at the store today and they thought I was crazy until they tried on their thunderbolt and it was slow.

Drew_P

Reaction score
Yes please share any info you might get. I was so frustrated the other day I almost threw my phone cause it was so slow loading Google. Guess we are all so spoiled with the speed of 4g, nothing else will satisfy us now. Lol.

finally thunderboltin' and lovin it!!!!!

OP
D

dmproske

Reaction score
It's not just Google. Some sites load ok, others simply do not. You tube widget works ok, but you tube in browser doesn't at all. Most other video sites will not load the video on 4g. Some websites will not finish loading the page.

Anyhow. The VZW store was NO HELP AT ALL. they said they have noticed the issue on other 4g phones also. They tried a Charge while I was there and it worked fine. All they did was suggest I call tech support!!!!!! I will call tomorrow and proceed from there.

firefighter

Reaction score
Seems like its working a lot better today

OP
D

dmproske

Reaction score
Yes it started working a lot better this afternoon. I called vzw at lunch time and they said their techs were looking into it. We shall see if this lasts.