Slingbox

ConectUS

Reaction score
I have a Slingbox HD on Dish Network. I see in my Market that there is a $29.99 Slinbox App. Has anyone used this app? Any comments?

Thanks

Dennis

coolkidd

Reaction score
I'm using this app.... very helpful for me when I am at work... I get to watch my sports every now and then...

BMWBig6

Reaction score
Wow that is expensive. I have a Slingbox Pro and already coughed up for the WinMo version on my previous phone. Not sure I want to cough up another $30 for Android version too.

gatecitycanes

Reaction score
It's a bit of a battery drain and it takes a few seconds of buffering to get going, but once it's going it's smooth. Just as smooth as it is on my PC.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I have been watching that one close. I may end up picking that one up. Would be nice to have for travelling with my son. Have to look really closely at this. Not cheap to set up with equipment purchase, but it is nice to see that there doesn't appear to be a monthly fee.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I have the solo and works great. Pic quality is excellent and buffering really is only less then a second...

Kinda made me wonder why dish network even needs an app, I mean, if you have dishnetwork, what more is there app gonna do for you then slingboxes?

OP
C

ConectUS

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I am not sure I really NEED it but it sounds cool. I imagine it is a battery killer. I was thinking of using it for long car trips to stay on top of the news.

souljerr

Reaction score
I've used Slinbox on past phones and it was great. Really wish there was another option so the price on this would drop. Seems way to expensive to me.

dan j

Reaction score
Wow that is expensive. I have a Slingbox Pro and already coughed up for the WinMo version on my previous phone. Not sure I want to cough up another $30 for Android version too.
I'm in the same boat. I need to see if Sling will let me sell my license since they won't let me transfer it. Doubtful, but ...

coolkidd

Reaction score
I've used Slinbox on past phones and it was great. Really wish there was another option so the price on this would drop. Seems way to expensive to me.

True.... I have WinMo, Apple, and Android Licenses....:icon_evil:

The WinMo cost me $19.99 3 years ago... I bought the Apple (for iPod Touch) license last year for $29.99... Then when an Android App came, I had to buy another license for it, as well......:icon_evil:

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Picked up a Pro HD little over a week ago and just hooked it up due to being out of town. Main question is using an HDMI cable how to hook up Slingbox to be able to watch one thing on TV and another on the Droid via Slingbox? Any thoughts..........

I have AT&T U-Verse btw.

doctordoctor

Reaction score
My slingplayer now doesn't work since updating to froyo frg22??? WTF I paid 30 bucks for that app it better work still! any help or directions on how to get it fixed?

drowe

Reaction score
Mine works fine on FRG01B and on Bugless Beast 0.4. Maybe a re-install?