Sling coming to Droid this summer!

Brokn68

Reaction score
You need the box for your home, which starts at $179 and at least a 1mb upload connection to hook up to it. I like the idea and may check it out.

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
You need the box for your home, which starts at $179 and at least a 1mb upload connection to hook up to it. I like the idea and may check it out.

This has been mentioned many times on this forum already the slingplayer coming out for the android phones and in my opinion its about time, i had it 2 years ago with my winmo phones and love it, its the only thing i truely miss from my winmo phone now with a droid. and yes it does cost 180 brokn68 however its a price well worth it to watch tv shows on your droid when you are out with the gf/wife shopping around for shoes, also if anyone is big into football and has direct tv superfan is the way to go you can watch any football game right on your droid its amazing thats my sunday cup o tea during buffalo bills football time :)

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Wait, I USE my TV for watching TV, DVD's, etc.

So if I were in range of my box, if I bought one (now an extra cost to go with the app) I could watch on my Droid?

Hmmm ... relax and watch 47" HD, or Droid screen...

Well, one could do the Wall-E thing to it. . . :)

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Wait, I USE my TV for watching TV, DVD's, etc.

So if I were in range of my box, if I bought one (now an extra cost to go with the app) I could watch on my Droid?

Hmmm ... relax and watch 47" HD, or Droid screen...

Well, one could do the Wall-E thing to it. . . :)

Yes the comfort of your couch is great, however the slingbox works when you are anywhere in the country so long as you have a data connection on the droid :) not just in home.

OP
D

dmdj232

Reaction score
I can't wait for the app to come out....never miss a Yankee Game Again!!

Cyrus6001

Reaction score
Yes the comfort of your couch is great, however the slingbox works when you are anywhere in the country so long as you have a data connection on the droid :) not just in home.

Actually it works anywhere in the WORLD(with an internet connection). I watched a Buffalo Bills game while on my honeymoon in Indonesia!

dragonfly1113

Reaction score

Actually it works anywhere in the WORLD(with an internet connection). I watched a Buffalo Bills game while on my honeymoon in Indonesia!

You are correct my friend, meant world ;) go bills!