Slide to answer/push button to answer ??? WFF?

turdbogls

Reaction score
OK so i just got my DX a little over a week ago. i do NOT get many calls at all...i have gotten maybe 10 calls since i got it. but i noticed, it seems like ever other call, i get a button to answer a call instead of the slider to answer. what is going on here? i actually prefer the button, is there any way i can lock that in and get rid of the slider?
I had the original Droid before and never had the button to push....so i am guessing this is a Blur feature...just wondering how it worked and when the button gets displayed.
any help/insight would be appreciated.

just4747

Reaction score
OK so i just got my DX a little over a week ago. i do NOT get many calls at all...i have gotten maybe 10 calls since i got it. but i noticed, it seems like ever other call, i get a button to answer a call instead of the slider to answer. what is going on here? i actually prefer the button, is there any way i can lock that in and get rid of the slider?
I had the original Droid before and never had the button to push....so i am guessing this is a Blur feature...just wondering how it worked and when the button gets displayed.
any help/insight would be appreciated.

Same here, every day..it switches. Anyone?? How can they miss fixing this in so many updates?

Reaction score
I believe you get the button when the phone is "awake". If you have the phone in standby then you get the slider. This is the only time I have ever had a button, if I am using the phone when a call comes through.

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Exactly.. slide to unlock is just like sliding to unlock your screen except you are unlocking into a call.. if the phone is already unlocked then you just push the buttons

OP
T

turdbogls

Reaction score
I believe you get the button when the phone is "awake". If you have the phone in standby then you get the slider. This is the only time I have ever had a button, if I am using the phone when a call comes through.

now that you mention it, seems like i was using the phone when i got the button....i guess it makes sense. if the phone wakes up in your pocket when you get a call, they want to make it more difficult to answer it by having you slide it so you can "butt answer" a call.

thanks for you help....i figured it was something simple like that.

just4747

Reaction score
Yeah that makes sense but I'd still rather it be one or the other since it looks "right".

I guess custom roms are the only answer.