Skype for Verizon

WhiteWolf

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is some way to make Skype for Verizon think i'm using an older phone? It doesn't like the RAZR, and the other Skype is piss poor coding.

Didn't know if this should go in support or hacks, so I opted for support. Sorry if it should be hacks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

What's wrong with the Skype Mobile? I've used it a few times to do video calls. So far have done calls to PC users, Mac Users, iPad users, and iPhone users no problems even switching back and forth between front and rear camera.

Skype Mobile doesn't seem to wanna stay connected for me. I'll open it up, sign it in, then swap over to Trillian, or the FourSquare, or the browser, and 5 minutes later pop back to Skype Mobile to find it offline again. Half the time when I open it up and it signs in automatically it will say "Oh, your password or username aren't right!", and another quarter of the time I'll log in to my account and have an empty contact list.
Skype for Verizon never had any issues, except SOMETIMES when I was hitting the CPU heavy (on my Droid 1) it'd get put on the wayside long enough I'd get bumped offline. But it never had any issue signing back in.

Also, I really don't care about video calls. I never do them on my PC even. I wanna be able to send messages and make skype to skype voice calls with it.

Why use skype mobile just download skype from market

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

That's the one I meant. I got confused and was calling them Skype for Verizon (which is actually Skype Mobile on Verizon) and Skype Mobile (which is actually Skype - free video calling). So... oops on my part, but all my other points remain constant, hehe.

Just trying to rule out the obvious here... you aren't using any auto task killers right? I doubt the RAZR would be running out of memory, but it's something worth checking.

Correct, no task killers. But even if I was running a killer, that wouldn't explain why this skype sometimes submits my password wrong, and sometimes fails to retrieve my contacts. Right now I tried to log Skype in "Your Skype Name and password were not recognized. Please check and try again." Only sometimes does that come up. And as I said, other times I log in and all I get is that "test your settings" contact, or whatever it's labeled, and have to log out and back in to get my real contact list. Never EVER had either issue with Skype Mobile on Verizon. :\

Back