Skype for GN2 ??

spydergirl

Reaction score
Still no compatible Skype app for the GN2 ? My play store days the current standard app is not compatible. Grrrr..... :(

Sent from my GN2

Ed270

Reaction score
Well I just installed and it seems to be working ok.

Sent from my SCH-I605 ( Phablet)using Droid Forums

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
It's always been compatible with my Note 2. I've had it installed since day one, and it works just fine. It says "This app is compatible with your Note 2" on the main page for it here.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I just downloaded to make sure.. I don't use it but I figured let me test it.. Installed no problem.. I do see they have one that states Verizon in playstore. Smh....

《Take Note2 BK's here..》

Ed270

Reaction score
No problem I use the app but just got the phone and hadn't got around to installing. Thanks for reminding me. Now if they would just make one for the xbox since microsoft has owned Skype for close to a year :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 ( Phablet)using Droid Forums

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I just downloaded to make sure.. I don't use it but I figured let me test it.. Installed no problem.. I do see they have one that states Verizon in playstore. Smh....

《Take Note2 BK's here..》

You don't want to use the one that's called Skype Mobile on Verizon in the store. It works very differently than the regular app. It uses Verizon's voice network to make calls to Skype users in the U.S., and then it uses data for calls outside the U.S. It's an older app that was originally released before the regular Skype app was available for Android, and it has a lot of kinks and issues. Here's a brief rundown of it over at Engadget.

Everyone should make sure to use the regular Skype app found here, and not the Skype Mobile on Verizon app. They really need to pull that app since it hasn't been updated in over a year and a half and really has no reason to exist anymore.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Good stuff.. Thank you for info... I figured to steer clear of it.. Other than my phone I don't normally load any Verizon apps.. :D

《Take Note2 BK's here..》

OP
spydergirl

spydergirl

Reaction score
You don't want to use the one that's called Skype Mobile on Verizon in the store. It works very differently than the regular app. It uses Verizon's voice network to make calls to Skype users in the U.S., and then it uses data for calls outside the U.S. It's an older app that was originally released before the regular Skype app was available for Android, and it has a lot of kinks and issues. Here's a brief rundown of it over at Engadget.

Everyone should make sure to use the regular Skype app found here, and not the Skype Mobile on Verizon app. They really need to pull that app since it hasn't been updated in over a year and a half and really has no reason to exist anymore.

Thank you for the information. That must be what my problem was because I was trying to download the Playstore VZN app. I'll follow your suggestion and see how it goes. THANKS ! :)

Sent from my GN2

GrumpyJoe

Reaction score
For mobile to mobile i prefer Tango. It's free and i think it works better than Skype.