Skins -- brand new to forums and pro

smurphy923

Reaction score
Hey all,

I am brand new to these forums. I've been over at android forums for when I had my DROID eris. I am not completely new to the rooted scene I had my eris rooted but it wasn't that good of a phone and couldn't do much with it. I love my DROID pro and am really excited to start messing with it.

One this I am most curious about is changing the lock screen skin or even just the skin for the moto blur in general. I've seen peoples pictures of them but I have never figured out how to do it, plus I have yet to find a download for a skin. If anyone could help me out or at least give me a heads up on something I dont know that would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Hey all,

I am brand new to these forums. I've been over at android forums for when I had my DROID eris. I am not completely new to the rooted scene I had my eris rooted but it wasn't that good of a phone and couldn't do much with it. I love my DROID pro and am really excited to start messing with it.

One this I am most curious about is changing the lock screen skin or even just the skin for the moto blur in general. I've seen peoples pictures of them but I have never figured out how to do it, plus I have yet to find a download for a skin. If anyone could help me out or at least give me a heads up on something I dont know that would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the Forum...I hope this helps. Lots of Pro (as well as other Android users) have had a good experience with LauncherPro and ADW. Both are good launchers and have free versions in the market. I personally like LauncherPro. If you don't want a screen lock screen there is an app called "No Lock" which completely eliminates the lock screen. When the screen is turned off pressing any key will turn the screen back on. Works great unless you carry your phone in your pocket...that could cause a problem. Beautiful Widgets, in the Market, is a great app for personalizing your phone. There are tons of wallpaper available in the market also, or just google for "android wallpaper".

kjjb0204

Reaction score
The actual lock screen skin (wallpaper) can only be changed if your device is rooted.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
The actual lock screen skin (wallpaper) can only be changed if your device is rooted.

Not with WidgetLocker. You can control virtually everything about the lock screen with WidgetLocker without root. Root access is only required for a few additional features in the app, none of which are really major.

I've been using the combination of LauncherPro and Widget locker for quite awhile now. I love it. They allow you to customize just about everything in the UI to some degree.

kjjb0204

Reaction score
Well, learn something new every day. I deleted Widgetlocker on Tuesday after I updated because I always thought it required root. Never actually checked I suppose. Loading it back on as we speak! Thanks!

OP
S

smurphy923

Reaction score
I appreciate all the help everyone I am definitely going to look into everything. I will also try and be active on the forums since this awesome app makes it so easy to be haha