Situation in Brazil.

fejaozitow

Reaction score
hello everyone!
i'm from Brazil too, and i really wanna know with anyone from Brazil got an update ?!
my droid is unlocked and my Simcard is Claro... are there any update ?
thx !

sloopjohnb

Reaction score
I'm also in brasil with a vivo milestone. No update yet.
I assume the message is normal since all milestones in the world got this message before the update was available. O jeito é ter paciência, é meio foda confiar no motorola brasil mas não tem jeito.

big_adventure

Reaction score
Thanks... So the fact that a company is listing for sale an A853 doesn't mean that it supports 850... It could be a UK Milestone that only supports 900/1900 ;(

You can be amazingly sure that it DOES NOT support "only 900/1900". It might only support 850/1900/2100 (SA) or 900/2100 (Euro), but I don't think I've ever heard of a phone that only supports 900 and 1900 UMTS.

arlissfreire

Reaction score
hello everyone!
i'm from Brazil too, and i really wanna know with anyone from Brazil got an update ?!
my droid is unlocked and my Simcard is Claro... are there any update ?
thx !

Oh, really? You have a DROID? You will never get an update, not in Brazil, sorry :)

arlissfreire

Reaction score
Thanks... So the fact that a company is listing for sale an A853 doesn't mean that it supports 850... It could be a UK Milestone that only supports 900/1900 ;(

You can be amazingly sure that it DOES NOT support "only 900/1900". It might only support 850/1900/2100 (SA) or 900/2100 (Euro), but I don't think I've ever heard of a phone that only supports 900 and 1900 UMTS.

I think he was referring to 900/1900/2100.
Triband 3G phones are usually 900/1900/2100, in europe, there are tons of phones like that.

flaviamoda

Reaction score
short battery life

Hi guys,
I bought the MOtorola Milestone, was super happy with it but I'm really bothered now that its battery doesn't last for a whole day. and I alreay turned off all possible things and inserted an app to change from 2G everytime I'm not using the internet.
what is the problem with this phone?!
I'm starting to dislike it...

mario_jr

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I bought the MOtorola Milestone, was super happy with it but I'm really bothered now that its battery doesn't last for a whole day. and I alreay turned off all possible things and inserted an app to change from 2G everytime I'm not using the internet.
what is the problem with this phone?!
I'm starting to dislike it...

Have you tried to shut down all apps running in the background?
Advanced task killer helped alot here...
Well..battery issues + lack of google market + no OTA updates + no flac support ( Yes Im a flac guy :))really annoy me :icon_evil:
Gonna wait 1 month maybe 2 and see what happens.

sloopjohnb

Reaction score
I've tryed task managers and they do nothing for the battery life in my experience. They improve performance, but that's it.
One more thing... something happened to my milestone today... Since I bought it (early jan), every time I checked for software updates I got the 'can't connect to server' message, today I did the same thing and got 'your system is up to date' but I'm still at 2.0!! This means Brasil won't get the 2.0.1 update???

rhruiz

Reaction score
I've tryed task managers and they do nothing for the battery life in my experience. They improve performance, but that's it.
One more thing... something happened to my milestone today... Since I bought it (early jan), every time I checked for software updates I got the 'can't connect to server' message, today I did the same thing and got 'your system is up to date' but I'm still at 2.0!! This means Brasil won't get the 2.0.1 update???

that means that brazilian servers are up and running but the updated has not been pushed to the servers yet

sloopjohnb

Reaction score
Funny thing, I've just checked again now and got the message 'can't connect to servers'! Maybe they were testing the servers for a while but if its true that they'll push a update very soon than I'm very happy.

mario_jr

Reaction score
Funny thing, I've just checked again now and got the message 'can't connect to servers'! Maybe they were testing the servers for a while but if its true that they'll push a update very soon than I'm very happy.

Same here... Lets wait! :)

fejaozitow

Reaction score
when i said Droid , i mean Milestone !!! lol
but hey , anyone solve the autofocus issue ?