Silence ringing phone

tacorunner87

Reaction score
Im new to the whole smart phone thing. I did a search and found nothing. Currently I have a song as my ringtone for text. When a text comes in the phone rings. Well i open the text and there is no way to silence the music. Same goes with ringing for calls I cant silence the phone unless I click ignore. Im wondering if there is a way if the phone is in my pocket if I can silence it if it rings? If this is confusing please let me know and ill reword it.

chaaaad

Reaction score
You can silence a ringing phone by hitting the volume buttons on the right side of your phone. I honestly don't know if it works for text message notifications- I usually have a very short ringtone for email and text.

Reaction score
Actually if you turn the phone over, face down, it will silence anything, this is built in.

Also pressing power will stop a phone call alarm ringtone etc. Without having to ignore it.

"Bootloader begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern Time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug. Bootloader fights back."

g3ride69

Reaction score
Iwent into sounds and found the setting that says flip to silence...but it never works? Any suggestions? (i have already reset the compass a couple times....whet you flip the p phone repeatedly on its 3 axis' until it turns green)
[email protected]

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App