Signal decreases as phone stays on

Miss Anonymous

Reaction score
Hello, All

The longer my phone (Droid 2) stays powered on, the lower the signal strength becomes.

When my strength reduces down to one bar (@ 1G speed), I can power off, remove the battery, and power back on to get full signal (@ 3G speed) again.

This problem started last week, and now I'm having to reboot every day just to fix the signal issue.

Is anyone else having this problem?

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Take it to verizon and show them, maybe its the phone radio broken. IDK

Sent from the Blue Falcon cockpit on my Fission 2.4.3 D2G. Falcon Punch!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello, All

The longer my phone (Droid 2) stays powered on, the lower the signal strength becomes.

When my strength reduces down to one bar (@ 1G speed), I can power off, remove the battery, and power back on to get full signal (@ 3G speed) again.

This problem started last week, and now I'm having to reboot every day just to fix the signal issue.

Is anyone else having this problem?

No, don't take it to Verizon, try and understand your phone.

First, there is no 1G, so where you're getting that I don't know. If you have a 3G symbol then you're getting 3G. Now you might be getting 1x, and that would be a reduction of data. That still doesn't mean a problem with the phone, that could even be a dead area in the house.

It's not a bad idea to reset the Droid once a day anyway, I usually do mine about every 3 or 4 days. Notice if this is happening in a specific area. Now if you're referring to the bars, that's got nothing to do with 3G data. That's your phone's cell signal and so long as you're not dropping calls, then don't worry about it.

OP
M

Miss Anonymous

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification!

Yeah, this happens even when remaining in one place (my desk at the office, or at the house -- it doesn't matter where). The phone goes from 4-bar 3G down to 1-bar 1x over the course of a few hours while remaining stationary.

It may also be worth noting that my husband's Droid X will have 4 bar 3G signal while my Droid 2 only has 1 bar 1x signal (or no signal at all), with the phones side by side.

When I reboot, I'll suddenly have 4-bar 3G signal again.

Could be the network, could be the phone. I was just curious if other Droid 2 users are seeing the same thing.