Side by side S5 vs S6

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Gizmag has a nice side by side comparison that displays the pros and cons between the 2 phones with what appears to be the most current specs they know.

Read about it here.

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Less powerful battery and non-removable and no SD card is a deal breaker for me.

DarrellM5

Reaction score
Non-removable battery and no sd storage is also a deal breaker for me.

Nicole Leach

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 4
s6 is pretty cool but the sad thing is yeah the battery is not removable, no SD card slot. I think that's the deal breaker for me.

SallyC

Reaction score
But ~4 hrs of life on a 10 minute charge makes the non-removable battery less painful. Likewise with internal memory up to 128 gb.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Why on earth would they put in a less powerful battery in the 6 and then make it non removable? It's got 2550 mAh battery compared to the 2800 mAh battery I've got now in my GS4?

The 6 has a 2.1 GHz processor. Mine has a 2.5 GHz processor. There's more but that's enough. I'll probably get the SS5 when I'm eligible for an upgrade in June. It'll probably be far less than $200 by that time.

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
Why on earth would they put in a less powerful battery in the 6 and then make it non removable? It's got 2550 mAh battery compared to the 2800 mAh battery I've got now in my GS4?

The 6 has a 2.1 GHz processor. Mine has a 2.5 GHz processor. There's more but that's enough. I'll probably get the SS5 when I'm eligible for an upgrade in June. It'll probably be far less than $200 by that time.

In theory, the processor should consume less power and be more efficient. Doesn't matter if you use your phone as an Xbox replacement. It's going to eat through the battery anyway.

It seems more OEMs are going with non-removable batteries. Not sure why the trend is so.

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I almost forgot to mention the expert in ergonomics who decided to put the headphone input at the bottom of the phone instead of the top which, of course, requires you to put the phone in your pocket upside down. Dohhhh. Why do they insist on fixing things that aren't broken...rhetorical

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
iPhone wannabes.

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
It seems more OEMs are going with non-removable batteries. Not sure why the trend is so.

It'll sure put a lot of battery makers out of business.

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
I agree there. Although I have found most non-OEM batteries are not all that great. ZeroLemon did impress me.