Shutting off geotagging on camera?

amajamar

Reaction score
I notice that the camera app is now geotagging on my pics after the 2.1 upgrade. I would like to shut that function off. Anyone know how to do that?

Champers

Reaction score
Camera>Options>Store location>Off in 2.0.1. I don't have 2.1 yet, but I doubt it changed.

Edit: I have 2.1 now, and it is the same.

Last edited:

slmorrisnc

Reaction score
Turn off geotagging on camera - DroidX

If you open up the camera app, and hit the menu button... there is an option for 'tags'... select that and turn on/off 'Auto Location Tag'.

slmorrisnc

Reaction score
Yes, Geoff... I am aware... but the question was NOT answered. So, I answered it for newbies like me who come on looking for information. :) More annoying to me not to have an answer when I am looking for it.

sneels1031

Reaction score
I'm glad this thread is still active, because I can't get the darn thing to work correctly! When I open my camera app and click on the menu icon, the only choices I'm given is to switch to video, or go to the gallery. I'm using Android version 2.2.2 - any ideas?

geoff5093

Reaction score
When you are using the camera, you should see white buttons where you can disable the flash, white balance, etc. One of those is to enable/disable geotagging. You may need to tap on the screen for those buttons to appear.

sneels1031

Reaction score
When you are using the camera, you should see white buttons where you can disable the flash, white balance, etc. One of those is to enable/disable geotagging. You may need to tap on the screen for those buttons to appear.

Thanks for the quick response! I guess I've got it turned off now. It just said "Store Location" on the 2nd button from the top, and I selected off. Thanks for the help!!!

daviebones

Reaction score
camera not working in ds4.2 for droid2

for some reason, after i installed the darkslide 4.2 rom, i am unable to load the camera for some reason. As i run camera, it tries to open it, and just stays with a black screen. Any suggestions?

geoff5093

Reaction score
for some reason, after i installed the darkslide 4.2 rom, i am unable to load the camera for some reason. As i run camera, it tries to open it, and just stays with a black screen. Any suggestions?
Post your question in the forum section for that ROM.

deaconous

Reaction score
why shut off geotagging if you don't have to?

There are free applications that let you remove geotags and other stuff when you share photos. Try using Pixelgarde Photo Privacy Editor for your Droid. It's free and better than turning off gps. Pixelgarde Photo Privacy Editor

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
You don't have to turn GPS off to disable geotagging.

In any case, the why doesn't matter. There are people that prefer to have it disabled. Why does the why matter to you?

TInman22

Reaction score
I found this video in my email today. It speaks to risks associated with posting pictures on publicly available websites that contain geotagging data.

[video=youtube;N2vARzvWxwY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2vARzvWxwY[/video]

JR