Should I root???

TBOLT132

Reaction score
I have a guy in my area that says he can root my TB for $25 is that a good deal? All I want is to be able to tether or use my TB as s modem so I can get internet on my ipad2 when I'm not in a wi fi area. Is there any risks in rooting my phone? Will all my apps and everything work as it did before? I just don't want to ruin my phone!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

zwisslerd

Reaction score
Do not pay anyone to root it for you, it would be a ripoff. There are plenty of forums that can tell you how to do it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

psychdroid

Reaction score
As in rooting any phone theres a risk in brinking it. Id say rooting is well worth it. Read the forums watch some youtube videos and youll find the method that is easiest for you. Just remember there is a risk,small, but possible

Sent from my CushZero using DroidForums

MrKleen

Reaction score
This is something you could do yourself easy enough with the new method. Its also a good idea to know what's going on with your phone.

It would take you longer to go meet this guy then to just root! :)

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a guy in my area that says he can root my TB for $25 is that a good deal? All I want is to be able to tether or use my TB as s modem so I can get internet on my ipad2 when I'm not in a wi fi area. Is there any risks in rooting my phone? Will all my apps and everything work as it did before? I just don't want to ruin my phone!

The only good deal would be for $0.

sent from my bolt

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
It took me a little less than an hour to auto root...mainly cause it was my first time. Don't pay anyone! You can do it!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

alboboy10

Reaction score
It's better to mess up and learn then pay someone to do it, eventually messes up and you're lost. It's hard to mess up the root now though, there's different methods to do it. Just check youtube videos.

pcar1947

Reaction score
Chk out nat3mil on u tube easy stepbystep rooting or search rooting ur thunderbolt on utube. It is not hard!!!!