Should I overclock my nexus to 1.5

ksaul

Reaction score
well it looks like a kernel flash is necessary, at least for the GPU advantage because I do plat a lot of games. I am surprised there isn't a way to overclock the RAM...

If I flash a kernel will that hinder me from getting future ICS upgrades (I don't have any ROMs)?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums while driving.
"Do not attempt. Texting and driving was preformed by a professional."

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
well it looks like a kernel flash is necessary, at least for the GPU advantage because I do plat a lot of games. I am surprised there isn't a way to overclock the RAM...

If I flash a kernel will that hinder me from getting future ICS upgrades (I don't have any ROMs)?

Flashing a kernel won't hinder you from getting future ICS upgrades, but upgrading will more than likely remove your kernel (as well as your recovery, root, and possibly some other things you have done with root, removal of bloatware, adblocking....). There should be rooted stock builds of the OS released before the updates are pushed out officially, like 4.0.3 now.

Side note, you may need a different kernel after an update, as kernels are often tied to certain builds.

vicky1377

Reaction score
correct you will have to flash new kernels which support under volting via Setcpu . Its all fun. Just root, make backups then start flashing whatever you like to radios,roms, kernels:). No fun running stock:) that's why we are not fan boys of apple crapple right

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

combatmedic870

Reaction score

Be careful, almost all kernels are for 4.0.3! So in most cases you needed to flash a ROM in order to flash any kernel.

ROM's I recommend: AOKP and Codenameandroid(CNA). Both are very worthy upgrades over stock. TONS of customizations! DancingNexus

vicky1377

Reaction score
Be careful, almost all kernels are for 4.0.3! So in most cases you needed to flash a ROM in order to flash any kernel.

ROM's I recommend: AOKP and Codenameandroid(CNA). Both are very worthy upgrades over stock. TONS of customizations! DancingNexus

Nope there are few with stock 4.0.2. I'm running Jame bond kernel with stock 4.0.2 room rooted, unlocked bootloader with setcpu undervolting, over clocking and some custom power saving profiles. And btw no it won't hinder your updates from google as long as you are on the stock rom. But yeah most of the good kernels are for 4.0.3 roms like popular ones like Francos nightly kernel.

Reaction score
Let's make this real simple people... Stupid is, as Stupid Does... What phone did you have before that was sooooo fast that going from 1.2 to 1.5 makes a real noticeable difference? I came from an OG Droid... 1.2 is WARP 9.9 for me.... get relevant. Don't wack the phone just because you can...
im not very knowledgable on this subject, but this makes the most sense to me. :D