[ROM] SHIFTAO5P V IC3.2.1 [IMOSEYN Lean Kernel 5.1] (11/20/2011)

OP
dhacker29

dhacker29

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
th3oryrom.com
Ok. This is probably a stupid questions. I am on liberty froyo. I have never sbfd back so I can install liberty gingerbread so I'm not on any form of gb kernal. Can I still flash this or not? Sorry if that's a stupid question. I really want to try a new ROM but everytime I try to sbf it f's something up.

This ROM is for the thunderbolt. There its no sbf??

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

WattsOnYourMind

Reaction score
Also, im trying to get my contacts back, but It seems like all the apps that were originally on my phone don't come with this, ie. Backup assistant, Setup. Do i have to download something like GAPPS? and how would i execute that?

jbdavies

Reaction score
Alright hopefully we get it right thos ttime. Do what u did last time, but flash the version I posted for you a few days ago. 3.1 has audio issues.
Also, that's just one flaw of go launcher. Depending on where yyou homescreen icons are and what app you choose, sometimes it'll work. But if you just Long press on your homescreen and click application, you can add one like that.
Is there a fix for the audio option? Just flashed IC3.1 and have no audio.

amwenguer

Reaction score
Is there a fix for the audio option? Just flashed IC3.1 and have no audio.

I've seen about 10 different fixes. Have you tried a simple reboot? You can try wiping cache and dalvik and reboot. See if that works, if not, we will figure something out.

Also, im trying to get my contacts back, but It seems like all the apps that were originally on my phone don't come with this, ie. Backup assistant, Setup. Do i have to download something like GAPPS? and how would i execute that?
Gapps is included. Only thing that might be missing is native mms. But I use GoSMS so haven't had a problem. Not sure why you'd be missing those.

Edit - wait... there's no backup assistant on aosp. (DH just reminded me) And you'll have settings, but not set up. This is your first time using AOSP? Go to settings....cyanogenmod settings. Enjoy.

Last edited:

jbdavies

Reaction score
I've seen about 10 different fixes. Have you tried a simple reboot? You can try wiping cache and dalvik and reboot. See if that works, if not, we will figure something out.
I've rebooted a couple times now. Just deleted DSP Manager, still no. I'll try cach/dalvik and see what that does. Thanks. :)

WattsOnYourMind

Reaction score
I need setup to get my contacts back, can't do that in settings. Also I can't watch any videos, whys that

Sent from my SHIFTAO5P using DroidForums

Last edited:

jbdavies

Reaction score
Umm... I also just found out that I have no sound when on a call. I can't hear them, they can't hear me. Like the mic isn't working. Kinda important with work and all. Haha.

I'm afraid I'm gonna have to switch back to BAMF unless this is fixed soon. :/

amwenguer

Reaction score
I need setup to get my contacts back, can't do that in settings. Also I can't watch any videos, whys that

Usually you need to run gmail and then signing and you're good contacts wise. If you don't have em, flash gapps. Or let me know and ill upload it for you.

Videos...
Go to:
Data/data/your browser/app_plugins/flashplayer/macromedia/flashplayer.. then long press config.data. go to permissions and remove them all.
May require a restart but video should work from there with any flashplayer version. If not, try tiamat kernel. Slayhers used to give me trouble.

I'm afraid I'm gonna have to switch back to BAMF unless this is fixed soon. :/
Or switch to shiftaosp 2.8. Then flash the original build of SHIFTAO5P-ICS that I posted.
Edit- here it is http://db.tt/cmC6Nmny
And I recommend tiamat over zoom kernel which comes with this ROM.

Last edited:

jbdavies

Reaction score
Or switch to shiftaosp 2.8. Then flash the original build of SHIFTAO5P-ICS that I posted.
Edit- here it is http://db.tt/cmC6Nmny
And I recommend tiamat over zoom kernel which comes with this ROM.
Do I have to wipe data when I flash 2.8? Or can I just flash over 3.1?

WattsOnYourMind

Reaction score
Couldn't find the stuff in data. This ROM sucks, way too many bugs. Also just flashed the edited version you gave me of IC3, and it just freezes after working and keeps freezing and unfreezing and is quite unusable. This is the worst ROM i have ever used, its sad because its beautiful, got TONS of features and in that aspect it is the best! but sadly theyre are tons of bugs, Audio Issues, Video Issues, Bootloops, Freezing, missing apps. I hate giving this such a harsh review, but beauty and features means nothing if the basics dont work correctly.

Last edited:

AMWpointZero

Reaction score
Do I have to wipe data when I flash 2.8? Or can I just flash over 3.1

Wait what?
Just flash over 2.8. No data wipe.
Just cache, dalvik, and format system.
http://db.tt/cmC6Nmny

Here's the first version. Works great. Sound and data. Just need tto flash the battery percentage mod on top incasee you want it.

Also, here's the ufc fights on pauper view, incase aany fellow fighters or fans out there wanna watch.
UFC 139 STREAMING http://t.co/c54n43eo

Last edited:

AMWpointZero

Reaction score
Couldn't find the stuff in data. This ROM sucks, way too many bugs. Also just flashed the edited version you gave me of IC3, and it just freezes after working and keeps freezing and unfreezing and is quite unusable. This is the worst ROM i have ever used, its sad because its beautiful, got TONS of features and in that aspect it is the best! but sadly theyre are tons of bugs.

I think you should check out rootzwiki. There were bugs but everything has been worked out, one way or another. If its working on nearly all devices, except for yours, it isn't the ROM.

Also, certain issues you're experiencing are kernel or flash or aosp related. Giving you the video fix is a fix for flashplayer not shiftaospICS. (An example).

Try rootzwiki and post the bugs iif you want to move forward. Currently there is more support over there because you will get multiple points of view.
Shame you're having problems installing and running it.

Also, this is the sequel to amwenguer user name. Ill be writing from here