Sherpa on verizon?

ChaosCrab

Reaction score
I have heard a couple sites recommend Sherpa as a good app for android but the only links I can find are for T-Mobile only users. Is there any way to get Sherpa on verizon?

LordKastle

Reaction score
I am looking for Sherpa too. I looked in the marketplace but it comes up empty and I continuously see Sherpa regarded as a good app for the Droid and Android.

TomN

Reaction score
Sherpa is only for T-Mobile at the moment. No idea if they'll ever make it available to other carriers.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sherpa.apk

Here is a link to the .apk file.

Works fine on the 2.0 system, you just need a file manager to install it. If you use astro, very simple.

Is sherpa something you need to pay for? If it is ill take this post down immediately.

LordKastle

Reaction score
So even though they say it is only for T-Mobile, I can still use this on Verizon? I suppose if I use that file you linked I could.

Oh and there is no cost for Sherpa.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok good, i installed the app and it links up and works just fine. I have seen no problems with it.

Edited: If it really only is for t-mob it would mean it goes through their network somehow, if that is true they could just do what sprint did with it's OTA tv.. and just lock it down to those with an Ip assigned by t-mob.

the_kwa

Reaction score
New2u, ok so i guess i'm a noob, how do i save the sherpa file? i've tried on my pc and my droid.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Here try this link, might be easier to download off of, I've always hated mediafire.

zSHARE - Sherpa.apk

Once you download it, transfer it to your droid, you can leave it on the top level or create a folder. Use Astro or another file manager to open the file and it should come up with wanting to use the appmanager, from there you can install it.

Geodelic

Reaction score
Hi - Buddy from Geodelic here.

Sherpa is currently exclusive to T-Mobile's Android phones. However, we will be releasing a Geodelic app that works on many OS's and carriers in the near future.

CreditGod

Reaction score
Sherpa is Awesome

I got sherpa from the web last night and used it five times today this is a great free program

LordKastle

Reaction score
Have you tried the app called WHERE?

Does anyone here know the differences between WHERE and Sherpa or if ones has advantages over another in some area. I want an app that will allow me to find the hidden jewels of every city..underground and stealth but still cannot escape the app.

CreditGod

Reaction score
haven't tried where

but sherpa detects where you are and it finds all kinds of hidden goodies

almost anything you can think of it will find it in this free app

adam8ch

Reaction score
hrm can't find this app in the marketplace. the qr code i found online didn't work either. -_-

qwopzxnm

Reaction score
I believe Sherpa is exclusive to T-Mobile and not available on the Droid.