Sheriff Android app is great!

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just downloaded an app called "Sheriff Android" and it is great. It is basically a car alarm for your Droid that can be activated by either movement, sound, or both. There are sensitivity settings for both movement and sound and it is very accurate. The default alarm is definitely loud enough to cause most thieves to drop the phone and run. You can even record a custom alarm if you want.

Last edited:
OP
JhankG

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is there a passcode or something to deactivate it

You can deactivate it with a certain number of taps on screen (on sheriff android widget to be exact), which can be changed in the settings. I have mine set to three quick taps.

medicTHREE

Reaction score
For this to run in the background to monitor it is going to have to be a major battery drain.

Duckhunter75

Reaction score
I don't see it in the market on my Droid. Any guess on why? Searched by Sheriff Android and by the developer (Jagger Software).

zghortaman

Reaction score
Can't find it either

Same result here- a fellow Droid owner recommended it to me and I can't find it in the marketplace either. Was it renamed or pulled from marketplace?

tnkeith4e

Reaction score
it was in the market place when i had my samsung moment on the 2nd of november. the app is amazing but since i returned my moment and got the hero i cant find the app any where and i NEED IT!!!! Its supposed to be under travel but when i looked under travel i cant find it an where. couldnt even find it when i searched it off my hero or off of my friends g1. some one plse help me find it...really need it

tnkeith4e

Reaction score
i did and it came up but theres no way i can get it. i even scanned the barcode and it always comes up results not found. Some times only some thing called death race comes up. Did they remove it from the market? Do you have to have a certain type of phone to get it?