Shatterproof screen

Jomaba4308

Reaction score
I just ordered myself a Z2 Force to replace my LG V20. I know the screen is easy to scratch but I opted for this instead of the Z2 Play because the Force has a little more processing power and a much higher resolution screen.

My question is that I have read that the shatterproof film can be removed but what is underneath? Can I peel that soft film off and replace it with something better like a Zagg film?
Or am I better off just adding on top of it?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
No, don't remove the outer lens (the outer plastic layer is called the Lens). It will void the warranty and could lead to issues down the road (screen peeling, etc). Just put a decent screen protector right over the existing screen and you should be fine. Enjoy the new phone!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OP
J

Jomaba4308

Reaction score
Chances are I don't get a warranty because I bought open box from FleaBay.
From what I read about it, it seemed like the screen peeling was just that outer lens peeling off. I could be wrong but that's what was inferred.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
But peeling off the outer lens yourself could start the rest of the 5 layer Shattershield to start to peel. It's hard to say which piece / pieces were peeling in all those posts. It is designed to be user replaceable, but seems like on the Z2 once it starts to peel there isn't much of a fix. I just slapped a nice glass protector on and it works & feels great. It feels like a traditional glass screen, but won't crack when dropped.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Put it over top. Get one that specifically says full cover.

Tapatalk'ing on my 1+ 6t

OP
J

Jomaba4308

Reaction score
I ordered a 2-pack of Supershieldz full-coverage glass screen protectors. Those will be delivered today and the phone is expected tomorrow.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Cool. I realized that's the brand I have, not the one I mentioned yesterday. Enjoy the new phone!

OP
J

Jomaba4308

Reaction score
New phone arrived today! Even got a moto mod battery surprise! Screen protector is on (looks like it was meant to be there) and now I wait for the bumper case before I transient my sim card.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
So they just sent you a battery mood for free? That's pretty awesome.

Tapatalk'ing on my 1+ 6t

OP
J

Jomaba4308

Reaction score
Yes. The Fleabay listing said package includes phone, charger and USB cable and further down it said "NOTHING ELSE INCLUDED".
I opened the package and it has the Moto mod battery attached, a Motorola charger(not the TurboPower charger), a USB-C cable and a pair of KOSS earbuds (but no USB-C to 3.5mm jack adapter.
I was excited for the Moto mod battery and I have been using it every day.