Sharp Aquos SH-12C Gingerbread-Powered Phone Coming to Japan

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sharp-Aquos-Android-phone.jpg

A new gladiator has entered the arena of Android smartphones. Sharp is soon to launch their first Android 2.3/Gingerbread powered smartphone... May 20th to be precise. The phone boasts some fairly impressive specs. It's a 3D phone, and it's dual-cameras on the back hit a whopping 8 Mega-Pixels. The phone will have a 4.2-inch, qHD (540 x 960) screen, and 1.4GHz Qualcomm MSM8255 chip powering it. There has been no word yet on when, or even if, a version will come westward to Europe or the U.S. It would seem likely that if it is a success, then they will want to share it with other markets.

It's is a pretty "sharp" looking phone, so we will keep an eye out for it in the future. :)

Source: Android.net via Engadget

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
What's the advantage of a dual camera?

One will be your typical 5 megapixel, maybe 8 megapixel camera. The other will be a 3D camera capturing video and possibly pictures in 3D. There was another phone to hit the news sheet lately with the dual cameras. So I am basing my statement off what I read on that phone.

This is a sharp phone indeed. Wonder whos next to get in to android market(no pun intended lol). Vizio? Mitsubishi?